• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 20, 2024 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 20, 2024, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

OFFICIAL: TeslaTap Mini Adapter GROUP BUY is now AVAILABLE

OP
OP
KTC

KTC

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 911 C4GTS; 2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
No, at least not for me! This is a little concerning and hope I didn't get the wrong one either!
I just sent [email protected] an email and hopefully I'll get a response.
My box says 80 AMP but mine has a red painted dot. There are no other paint dots. See pictures:
Hmmm.... good catch. Let's see what he says, otherwise I'm happy to write him as well.
Sponsored

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
No, at least not for me! This is a little concerning and hope I didn't get the wrong one either!

I just sent [email protected] an email and hopefully I'll get a response.

My box says 80 AMP but mine has a red painted dot. There are no other paint dots. See pictures:
Would def like to have clarification on the red and white dots too - hoping you can update soon vs everyone flooding him with calls :)!

dickp

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dickpitini.com
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
Would def like to have clarification on the red and white dots too - hoping you can update soon vs everyone flooding him with calls :)!
I ordered a 80 AMP awhile back and when it arrived I called re. this question. I was told the 80 AMP has a white dot, which mine does have.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I ordered a 80 AMP awhile back and when it arrived I called re. this question. I was told the 80 AMP has a white dot, which mine does have.
Have the white dot but came in a 60 Amp box! Sure would be nice if you could just look each unit up by its serial no. to validate - but no obvious means to do this on site.

Last edited:

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm an impatient man so I also just sent in a request for clarification to Dave :)!

Here is what I asked:

"Dave,

A number of us from the Porsche Taycan group buy are a bit frustrated in not knowing how to tell if we received a 60 or an 80A tap.

One Taycan user stated that they were told that a red painted dot in the Tesla connection-end indicated 60A and a painted white dot an 80A - problem is some received a red dotted unit in an 80A box ad white dotted units in a 60A box!!

1) Could you please confirm which painted dot matches which amperage (and how reliable is this - of obvious concern)?

2) Why not just officially stamp 60 or 80 on each respective unit?

and

3) Is there perhaps an online accessible database of serial numbers one could query to simply confirm which Amperage unit you have?

Your advice most appreciated,

Cheers, C."

OP
OP
KTC

KTC

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I ordered a 60A. It came in a 60A box and has a white dot.
Mine as well. Paperwork says 60A but there’s a white dot.

Chedman13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GL63 Brabus B63 Widestar, Awaiting Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Does anyone have a red dot ? like me? If so please list what you ordered and what it says on the box!

1) ordered = 80 amp
2) box says = 80 amp
3) color dot = red

(Anyone reading this that hasn’t read the whole thread, no idea if I have the right amp one or not)

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Believe it was marked on the box
I ordered mine about a month before this group buy, but I don't recall if there was a box or the markings on it.

I ordered an 80A. Box said 60A when it arrived so I called. They said if there is a white painted dot on the Tesla end of the charger than it is the 80A. Does this jive with those who ordered the 80A?
Well, you might have the 60A version. I pinged their support and got the following back via email (from Dave):
The serial Number or In the Tesla end there is a testing mark/identifier.

Red=80

White=60

None=40
I ordered 80A and the adapter the one which came has a red dot on the Tesla end, so it is consistent with the above description. I have tested the adapter at 80A, though only for a minute or two.

If you ordered the 80A but don't have the red dot, I would reach out to the company before using it to charge at 80A unattended for prolonged times (e.g. overnight charging) - I know that some Taycan owners who already had Tesla HPWC were planning to use it for daily home charging. It's possible that in the flurry or group buy orders some mistakes happened on the fulfilment end.

Last edited:
Reactions: KTC

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Out of curiosity, do you have a picture of the J1772 end of it? Often different current rated pins look different (less contact surface area for lower currents). Mine looks exactly like @Chedman13 post #46 above.

Last edited:

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Have had no response from the email address @Chedman13 provided (have not called their no. as yet but will do at some point) - may have to wait for after the holiday but perhaps others should ping him too to emphasize a need for an answer to this.

Chedman13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GL63 Brabus B63 Widestar, Awaiting Taycan Turbo
Country flag
No response yet on my end, probably due to an extended holiday weekend.

Where is the serial number on the unit?

OP
OP
KTC

KTC

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Here you go.
74D6E52D-84C3-483D-AF00-70194D61F224.jpeg

8E992891-4D81-4211-B1BA-8FDF6DE1FC5D.jpeg
Your J1772 pins look the same as @Chedman13 and mine (both of which have red dots on the Tesla side), so perhaps the pins used for 60A and 80A are the same, so the difference could only be inside connections. Another possibility is that they only build 80A and 60A the same and just mark them differently before shipping, or maybe they were short on 60A to relabeled some 80A's as 60A - only the manufacturer will know so you'll have to wait to hear back. Let us know what they say.

Below is my TeslaTap 80A adapter:
Porsche Taycan OFFICIAL:  TeslaTap Mini Adapter GROUP BUY is now AVAILABLE 1630908123097

And for reference, here is a picture of a 16A rated J1772 pins, notice a lot less contact area inside the pin.
Porsche Taycan OFFICIAL:  TeslaTap Mini Adapter GROUP BUY is now AVAILABLE 1630908573156

Last edited: