Official Vancouver Taycan Owners Thread

blame.latitude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX, GTS ST
Country flag
As I patiently wait for my car, I am wondering if there are any Vancouver members on this forum? I know I've seen many of you around on the streets. How are you finding the car? How does Vancouver like the taycan?
Sponsored

Clawhammer

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes C43
Country flag
Used to live in Vancouver. Does that count :rolleyes:

Shere

First Name
Seymour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS 2024
Country flag
As I patiently wait for my car, I am wondering if there are any Vancouver members on this forum? I know I've seen many of you around on the streets. How are you finding the car? How does Vancouver like the taycan?
I live in Toronto, waiting for my Taycan. Gladly join you.. Maybe a canadian forum?

nvaliduser

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TM3P, 991.1GTS
Country flag
I am in Vancouver and lurking on this forum while I look at buying a used Taycan. If you are looking for other Porsche people there are LOTS in the Porsche Club:
https://www.pca-cwr.org/

Now that the weather is slightly better there are meetups almost every week. Check the events calendar above.

They are mostly petrol heads, but many have EV’s as well. I am looking to find other taycan owners in the lower mainland as I size up my options for a used taycan purchase. I am a little concerned at the huge volume of used Taycan’s on the market right now. Does no one keep these cars >3 years?

bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'm in Vancouver and had my Taycan since Oct 2020... great car... a little software issues here and there... blown out two tires on potholes on separate occasions... fast enough for city driving...

tayCanadian

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Cayenne Coupe E-Hybrid (RIP), 2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I live in Toronto, waiting for my Taycan. Gladly join you.. Maybe a canadian forum?
Isn't this sub-forum the Canadian forum? lol.

Jokes aside... check the GTA thread I just created. Trying to recruit some GTA members for a WhatsApp community and for meets/cruises!

OP
OP
blame.latitude

blame.latitude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX, GTS ST
Country flag
how are you all mounting your HOV stickers? I cant find a location I like. I was planning to ask my detailer for a scrap piece of ppf to lay under the sticker, so I dont damage the paint if i ever take the sticker off.

CaliPorsche

First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2020 Cayenne S, 964 Speedster, AMG
I have my California plated car here for the summer (yes BC Gov approved my out of province car for the OK decal, surprisingly helpful) …. Placed the OK decal on rear painted body under the trunk lid and adjacent to the trunk release button…. Fits perfectly and on my white car is discrete.
I have removed them before and never had a paint issue … use a hair dryer or heat gun to soften the glue then peel from corner…..

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo, MINI SE, Toyota Prius
Country flag
I wouldn't be caught dead with a Taycan in Vancouver haha, especially the Sedan. I suspect more Taycan Sedans than Camrys around haha.

Hanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S Carmine Red
Country flag
wow.....didnt realise you guys had roads/electricity out there, thought it was just dust tracks and police on horse back........<runs for cover>

OP
OP
blame.latitude

blame.latitude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX, GTS ST
Country flag
wow.....didnt realise you guys had roads/electricity out there, thought it was just dust tracks and police on horse back........<runs for cover>
I'll have you know we have electricity from 2-5pm every day when the river ice melt enough to allow the generators to run. Also, we now have over 10km of paved road... so there!

CaliPorsche

First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2020 Cayenne S, 964 Speedster, AMG
Plus - at least in BC ........ Electricity is 100% vegan and has a reputation for being some of the nicest electricity in the world... (Spoken as an expatriated Brit and now Californian with a Home in BC )

TT459S

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Targa 4, 2023 Macan S
Country flag
Yep - I'm in Metro Vancouver. Had my 4S for almost 3 years. Love it. Only had a PCM replacement (warranty) in the first year.
Sponsored