Old v New Firmware - Efficiency Test. Side by Side.

matchboy1976

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I can validate this, had the update done on my 4S a few weeks ago and I’m getting about 15 miles more than before. Plus the new coloured buttons & parking sensor bings are much better 🤣

Jonswright

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Range Rover, VW iD3
Country flag
I had my Turbo S updated 3 weeks ago. To be honest I've not noticed any difference in range but that really doesn't interest me. The new PCM software reacts faster and I've had no glitches or issues which I had with the previous version. The coloured icons are also nice. Definitely a worthwhile uPgrade.

OP
OP

pauloamore

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan C4SCT
Country flag
I had my Turbo S updated 3 weeks ago. To be honest I've not noticed any difference in range but that really doesn't interest me. The new PCM software reacts faster and I've had no glitches or issues which I had with the previous version. The coloured icons are also nice. Definitely a worthwhile uPgrade.
hA! 😊

ron james

First Name
ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan s and Taycan GTS 2022 -Boxter 2007
Country flag
I have had the software update on my cross turismo 4 - I assumed the range shown on display would increase but has remained exactly the same -my local centre has not given me an answer to the question

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I can validate this, had the update done on my 4S a few weeks ago and I’m getting about 15 miles more than before. Plus the new coloured buttons & parking sensor bings are much better 🤣
I lost 30+ miles of reported range immediately after the update (MY21, 17.6K miles, uPdate Sep'22) and still not recovered. My hunch is that this uPdate has performed differently on each Taycan variant and model year - enough to not be able to make firm conclusions.

I now feel like I have been reduced to the standard performance battery and not the performance battery plus (the one installed in my car) and achieving 210 miles of reported range (others are seeing 300 miles (in UK)).

Could be a software glitch (false reporting) - 2 yr service next week and this is top of their agenda to investigate.

Expected range increases will vary across MY's - latest MY22 delivered within the last few months probably won't report much (if any) increase as they will almost certainly have their software up to date for motor efficiency.
Sponsored