Lansford

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
All. I was close.....had the build set. And then thought, I saved on a few options I didn't need -- how else could I use the money?

And then I saw the option for the olea club leather seats. Worth it? Or should I just stick with the normal leather and pocket the money

Thanks in advance!
Sam
Sponsored

Fletch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4S, ‘21 Defender 110
Country flag
So i ended up adding this to my order too (just froze Monday)

the stitching on the back of the seats really put it over the top for me. The big plastic wall of seatback is unbecoming of a 150k car.

also, unless you are buying a periodic track car, the options you’ll enjoy the most are the ones that make the car feel awesome while you are sitting in it. Maybe I’m just old, but love getting into a comfortable, quiet car that sounds awesome (yeah i went Burmester too) and is fast as hell. Loaded CT4S seemed to offer the best shot at that mix.

i have an X5 with the big ass V8 that is loud and fast. But inside, the seats are amazing, its quiet and its comfortable. When i drive a diff car for a while and come back to it, the things that make me smile are the big loud growl the engine makes when i turn it on, and the nice interior when i start the drive.

OP
OP

Lansford

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
So i ended up adding this to my order too (just froze Monday)

the stitching on the back of the seats really put it over the top for me. The big plastic wall of seatback is unbecoming of a 150k car.

also, unless you are buying a periodic track car, the options you’ll enjoy the most are the ones that make the car feel awesome while you are sitting in it. Maybe I’m just old, but love getting into a comfortable, quiet car that sounds awesome (yeah i went Burmester too) and is fast as hell. Loaded CT4S seemed to offer the best shot at that mix.

i have an X5 with the big ass V8 that is loud and fast. But inside, the seats are amazing, its quiet and its comfortable. When i drive a diff car for a while and come back to it, the things that make me smile are the big loud growl the engine makes when i turn it on, and the nice interior when i start the drive.
Thanks this is helpful-especially the part about the seat back. Those are covered in leather as well if you get Olea?

Sam

taycan4sl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I enjoy it, but can't compare to the other option, so don't know if it is truly worth it. I wanted a brown/tan interior and it was the only option at the time.

Levee

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A5
Country flag
Worth it, I didn't want all that plastic on the back of the seats (I also opted for the leather b-pillars). Definitely very happy with the premium feel inside the car ?

I think the choice of interior though also depends on what colour interior you really want. The black olea is supposedly a bit lighter than the regular black. I do like the truffle leather interior but after much debate went for the atacama beige as it helps lighten up the cockpit and is I feel a really beautiful interior.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
I think it’s smart that Porsche put black plastic finish on the back of the seats….at least for those that plan to carry passengers in the back. It’s a tight fit back there…especially for the feet. I expect a lot of footprints and scratches on the back of the seats. The black plastic will hold up nicely.

OP
OP

Lansford

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I think it’s smart that Porsche put black plastic finish on the back of the seats….at least for those that plan to carry passengers in the back. It’s a tight fit back there…especially for the feet. I expect a lot of footprints and scratches on the back of the seats. The black plastic will hold up nicely.
Yes -- I think "normal" leather will do just fine. Thanks everyone. Maybe when the kids grow up, I will get the fancy stuff.

OP
OP

Lansford

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Worth it, I didn't want all that plastic on the back of the seats (I also opted for the leather b-pillars). Definitely very happy with the premium feel inside the car ?

I think the choice of interior though also depends on what colour interior you really want. The black olea is supposedly a bit lighter than the regular black. I do like the truffle leather interior but after much debate went for the atacama beige as it helps lighten up the cockpit and is I feel a really beautiful interior.
What are the b-pillars? I must have missed this

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
This is something I was stuck with too. Here are some thoughts. Porsche sells Olea as the more sustainable option and the sales agent also said it's added luxury. So I almost added it as I loved the sticking at the back of the seat (not as practical, like mentioned above). I then I compared 2 cars, next to each other at the same time. One with Olea and one with full leather. The Olea is a bit( couch) like and definitely has grayish undertones. Is mildly softer but lacks texture. Feels a bit softer to sit on. On the contrary, the full leather is a bit darker, firmer and has a bit of a texture. If you want a more sporty look, the full leather on 18way seats is beautiful. I got the aluminum package and the dark black contrasts well with the silver. The Olea with Aluminum was less sleek because of the grey undertones - but I personally disliked the couch like feeling. Also Olea is finer leather (which explains the less texture) but it's no where as good as the luxury leather's in a Bentley, etc. So pick the kind of feel you want.

Porsche Taycan Olea Club Leather worth it? 1C8E63A6-33F2-4E3E-BCAE-55938B777CED

OP
OP

Lansford

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
This is something I was stuck with too. Here are some thoughts. Porsche sells Olea as the more sustainable option and the sales agent also said it's added luxury. So I almost added it as I loved the sticking at the back of the seat (not as practical, like mentioned above). I then I compared 2 cars, next to each other at the same time. One with Olea and one with full leather. The Olea is a bit( couch) like and definitely has grayish undertones. Is mildly softer but lacks texture. Feels a bit softer to sit on. On the contrary, the full leather is a bit darker, firmer and has a bit of a texture. If you want a more sporty look, the full leather on 18way seats is beautiful. I got the aluminum package and the dark black contrasts well with the silver. The Olea with Aluminum was less sleek because of the grey undertones - but I personally disliked the couch like feeling. Also Olea is finer leather (which explains the less texture) but it's no where as good as the luxury leather's in a Bentley, etc. So pick the kind of feel you want.
Wow. This is great. Thank you. I will stick with black normal leather. Your comments on the trim are intriguing. I skipped this and just went with no trim -- in other words stuck with black. But let me check out the aluminum or silver again