OLEV grant dependent on registered keeper?

DavidE- Bath

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf GTD mk 7, Ferrari 599 GTB, Ferrari 360 Spider, Ferrari 328 GTS, Bentley Continental Flying Spur, Land Rover Defender 110, Tygan/Chesil Speedster
Country flag
Hi All

Spoke to my dealer about registering me as the keeper of the Taycan rather than my company which is buying it.
Their answer is that they could do that but I would lose the OLEV £3.5k grant because the car has to be invoiced to and registered to the same entity that the grant was applied for in I.e. my company.
I’d much rather be the registered keeper personally rather than the company for insurance purposes etc but don’t want to lose the £3.5k grant.
has anyone come across this or seen any guidance from the OLEV grant people on this topic?
Cheers
David
Sponsored

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Yep, I understand that’s correct. If the grant was still available the name could be changed but the current situation makes this not possible. Also the grant for a home charger is very specific to the owner of the car and the tie up of invoices etc

OP
OP

DavidE- Bath

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf GTD mk 7, Ferrari 599 GTB, Ferrari 360 Spider, Ferrari 328 GTS, Bentley Continental Flying Spur, Land Rover Defender 110, Tygan/Chesil Speedster
Country flag
Hi All

I wrote to the group at the DVLA responsible for the £3500 plug in grant and they responded!

Its the invoice/owner and grant application that needs to match, not the registered keeper. Here is the email from the team ([email protected]) for anyone that might find it useful if they come across this situation:

"
Good afternoon David,

I can confirm you are able to register the vehicle in your name - The order details must match the sales invoice and there is also a requirement to see the link between the registered keeper.

But again I can confirm you can be the registered keeper, it is the funder details which are required on the PIVG portal.

Kind Regards,

The PIVG Team"

Dealer have decided its fine to register the car in my name now...

Cheers
David

SAM1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 GTS, 435D Gran Coupe
Country flag
Hi All

I wrote to the group at the DVLA responsible for the £3500 plug in grant and they responded!

Its the invoice/owner and grant application that needs to match, not the registered keeper. Here is the email from the team ([email protected]) for anyone that might find it useful if they come across this situation:

"
Good afternoon David,

I can confirm you are able to register the vehicle in your name - The order details must match the sales invoice and there is also a requirement to see the link between the registered keeper.

But again I can confirm you can be the registered keeper, it is the funder details which are required on the PIVG portal.

Kind Regards,

The PIVG Team"

Dealer have decided its fine to register the car in my name now...

Cheers
David
That's useful to know, thanks..

My dealer is suggesting that my car might turn up in the next few weeks and I have said I will delay taking delivery by a couple of weeks to the 1st September for the new 70 reg. However, they claim that due to the EV grant they have to deliver to customers immediately and can't delay the delivery like I am suggesting. I struggle to understand how that can be the case and suspect it is just the dealers way of trying to get cars out of the door immediately. They claim it is because they fund the grant and have to claim it back in effect but even if that is true delaying for 1 or 2 weeks can't be that big an issue. After all they have had my deposit for >18 months!! Just wandered if anyone else had experienced this .....?

OP
OP

DavidE- Bath

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My dealer were okay to keep the car to 1st Sept, but I couldn't wait.... picking up next Tuesday and have a full month of driving around in it planned in August to make that worthwhile!

SAM1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 GTS, 435D Gran Coupe
Country flag
My dealer were okay to keep the car to 1st Sept, but I couldn't wait.... picking up next Tuesday and have a full month of driving around in it planned in August to make that worthwhile!
I would have done the same as you if my car had been here this week and I hadn't been away on holiday during the following weeks. After I get back from holiday I will only have to wait a couple of weeks to get it on 1st September so it's not too bad. But it's interesting/frustrating that we all get told different 'stories' by our dealers depending on their own circumstances/agendas!

Anyway, it's great that you are picking your car up next Tuesday. Hope it's fantastic and you enjoy driving it!!

David Boyle

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Velar First Edition
Country flag
am i missing something? does the car not have to cost lest than 50k to be able to get the £3k grant

SteveMc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
am i missing something? does the car not have to cost lest than 50k to be able to get the £3k grant
That is correct now, but previously the Taycan was eligible for a grant, the change was made in the March budget earlier this year. This thread is about people ordering before the budget change but not yet having taken delivery and ensuring that the grant was still paid (it was).
Sponsored