tutis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
His car is Voodoo. One of Porsche’s best blues.
Thanks. I think I like all the Porsche exotic blues; Shark Blue, Arrow Blue, and Voodoo Blue (although the later always looks a little purple-ish in photos).

Don't know if I can convince myself to pay for PTS next time... The sting is just so damn hard!
Sponsored

mallupappi

First Name
Sunil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
nothing interesting... yet
Country flag
Thanks. I think I like all the Porsche exotic blues; Shark Blue, Arrow Blue, and Voodoo Blue (although the later always looks a little purple-ish in photos).

Don't know if I can convince myself to pay for PTS next time... The sting is just so damn hard!

I just put my order in for a 4S with PTS Speed Yellow. I was looking at some of the available colors, and they look fantastic, but I have a personal connection to Yellow that goes back over a decade (similar to OPs connection to Green with his wife, but not nearly as deep). As much as I'm debating 4S vs. GTS and PDCC or no PDCC, the color is something that I just KNOW is right. Congrats OP, that thing looks DOPE.

OP
OP
smoothound

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
I just put my order in for a 4S with PTS Speed Yellow. I was looking at some of the available colors, and they look fantastic, but I have a personal connection to Yellow that goes back over a decade (similar to OPs connection to Green with his wife, but not nearly as deep). As much as I'm debating 4S vs. GTS and PDCC or no PDCC, the color is something that I just KNOW is right. Congrats OP, that thing looks DOPE.
Our 4 favourite PTS colours were acid G, mintG, ultraviolet, speed yellow.

Speed Yellow will look aces!

OP
OP
smoothound

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
How does this sort of color affect resale? I could imagine it going either way.
I think it will narrow the market - but add a premium to the right buyer - so once they discover it, a person who wants such a unique colour won't find another so easily - and will pay over the odds - so it's a bit +/- ..........and all depends on who is looking to buy at the time of re-sale and how long you can hang on for the right price..

In any case I have leased it, with a guaranteed resale value that is independent of colourway choice or any options (the published Porsche UK PCP residual (in UK).

The best value-for-money way to own a lease car is to buy a standard basic car (of any variant) with no options. But fundamentally, leasing is not a good value-for-money way to own one -

But I don't associate 'value-for-money with Porsche - it's more of a heart thing IMHO.

cheers

Derip88

First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
One month in tomorrow and so far my CT-T has behaved impeccably - It is a nice comfortable car with easy overtaking - love the driving dynamics - and I am starting to really appreciate what Porsche has made here - it's such an accomplished piece of well-thought-out engineering.

....and like my RS green A7 before it, gets admiring glances and even photos being taken whenever I take it for a spin.

The controls and interface have been easy to learn/accommodate - Though I still sometimes find myself reaching for the A7 gear selector and handbrake button - Doh!

So far (touch wood) no faults - It just needed a 15 minute a pop-in to the OPC to set a timer for it's MOT (missed from the PDI) - and a very nice coffee.

I mainly recharge at my home - the few road-trips have been a doddle so far - with slow charging at my kid's houses - free charging at PEC Silverstone - plus a small number of pubic charging stops ..... one at 25 mins - one at 15 mins - and a few at around 5-10 mins each (all that was needed). For two of these stops, the first charger I tried only delivered 50-60kw (from 350kw units) - but I just hopped to a different charger at the same sites and got 190kw+ - fair enough.

So passage-making has been a breeze so far - I am sure it won't always be the case.... but feeling very blessed and privileged at the mo - especially when I see how so many people are struggling with life's pressures at the moment.

At first, I was nervous about range and hyper-milled motorways at 60-65 mph - eeking out the miles between charging stops ........ but now, with good planning of alternative charging stops if they are needed (not needed so far), I just drive 'normally' at full motorway speed on ACC ... so pretty rapid progress as per my A7. Charging stops are short - so no worries.

We also have some nice twisty roads hereabouts and they are a joy - not taking risks - but pushing on when safe...... Grin-making!

Anyways, just thought I would share my positive experience - I know Forums are great for venting frustration - and seeking advice when things go wrong - but sometimes the positive side deserves a mention too..

FWIW

Cheers

img_20221210_120640342_hdr-2-jpg.jpg

img_20221210_120628872_hdr-jpg.jpg

img_20221210_120651351_hdr-2-jpg.jpg

img_20221210_120620677_hdr-2-jpg.jpg

img_20221210_105023373_hdr-4-jpg.jpg

img_20221210_105047347_hdr-5-jpg.jpg

img_20221210_105059506_hdr-jpg.jpg

img_20221210_105109251_hdr-jpg.jpg
Wow! great color choice. Enjoy!

Manyana

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
, 718 Spyder, Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
Colour choice observations:
I am currently holidaying in Europe, Geneva the next few days and previously Budapest, Vienna, Nuremberg and Prague.
This is my first time visiting Europe in winter, very grey! But very enjoyable!
So I have noticed that brighter coloured cars really do pop in a sea of black, silver, and white ones.
if I lived here it would definitely be acid green, or something similar 😍

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
But I don't associate 'value-for-money with Porsche - it's more of a heart thing IMHO.
I do. I value my expected satisfaction with the car, which helps justify buying a Porsche. I've always liked driving good cars, learning about them and their new technologies, improving them. I value that a lot (obviously). Otherwise I'd be driving a base Toyota Corolla - a great, reliable way to take you from point A to point B, will last 15+ years with nothing more than regular maintenance, for a fraction of the price of my Taycan. For a price of one Taycan, I could drive a Corolla for life, swapping it for a new one every 15 years.

PS> An added value for me is that I actually work in the industry, so anything I learn from latest cars, even just experiencing them as an owner, actually helps me to be better at my job, therefore making be more valuable to employers.

inkatouring

Threads
Reaction score
Nowhere but at least I'm getting there fast
Vehicles
More than is sane but less than I want............
Country flag
How does this sort of color affect resale? I could imagine it going either way.
I had a Racing Yellow 981 Cayman S. By the time I sold it--after 7 years and 100k miles--the color was what differentiated the car from all the other used Caymans out there; it sold for at least a 10% premium over the black/silver/white/red Caymans. The irony is the dealer tried to talk me out of ordering that color because "no one will want it" and when I insisted they doubled the deposit.

I tried to get PTS for my CT4 (Pastel Orange) but was told they were sold out for MY 2023. Without a PTS option, Mamba Green it is.

OP
OP
smoothound

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
I was able to do pastel orange on my '23 GTS ST. Should take delivery in about a month.

Taycan_GTS_Sport_Turismo_Taycan_assembly_installation_roof.jpeg
Stunning colour - bet it looks really warm in the evening sun!