One week 4S experience

cgfrndpor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E-Tron; 2021 4S; ex_BMW540
Country flag
Picked mine up last Saturday, local driving and a 200 mi interstate trip this week.
The car is a Beast, but a quiet and smooth one. Really like the turning ratio and maneuverability of the rear wheel steering. Steering and responsiveness are my two favorites.
Minor glitches only.
Have tried 3 EA stations in CT/MA and none have worked for plug and charge. EA help desk walked me through the process for starting the charge through the Porsche app (EA, not Porsche help, they were clueless) Apparently they are still rolling out this function many months after release. Funny that I think it works fine for MustangE. Kinda embarrassing for Porsche/VW.
Have had the Range mode flake but it is working now.
SiriusXM went unavailable but fixed it with help from this site.

Like I said, glitches are minor. This is a second BEV (have had an ETron for almost 2 years). Now fully dependent on them. Plotting a trip from CT to New Orleans next month. It will be fun. Not quite ready to fly just yet.

Have learned a lot from the good folks on this site
Sponsored

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Picked mine up last Saturday, local driving and a 200 mi interstate trip this week.
The car is a Beast, but a quiet and smooth one. Really like the turning ratio and maneuverability of the rear wheel steering. Steering and responsiveness are my two favorites.
Minor glitches only.
Have tried 3 EA stations in CT/MA and none have worked for plug and charge. EA help desk walked me through the process for starting the charge through the Porsche app (EA, not Porsche help, they were clueless) Apparently they are still rolling out this function many months after release. Funny that I think it works fine for MustangE. Kinda embarrassing for Porsche/VW.
Have had the Range mode flake but it is working now.
SiriusXM went unavailable but fixed it with help from this site.

Like I said, glitches are minor. This is a second BEV (have had an ETron for almost 2 years). Now fully dependent on them. Plotting a trip from CT to New Orleans next month. It will be fun. Not quite ready to fly just yet.

Have learned a lot from the good folks on this site
there is a process that must be followed or it just cause glitches, and believe me when I say I know glitches.
1. pull into charge stall
2. choose unit and plug it into the car
3. open the porsche NA ap
4. choose the unit that you want to use
5. it should charge

any deviation can cause issues.

OP
OP

cgfrndpor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E-Tron; 2021 4S; ex_BMW540
Country flag
there is a process that must be followed or it just cause glitches, and believe me when I say I know glitches.
1. pull into charge stall
2. choose unit and plug it into the car
3. open the porsche NA ap
4. choose the unit that you want to use
5. it should charge

any deviation can cause issues.
Actually, I was told to do it differently and it has worked 3x
1. open the app and open 'explore'
2. touch the symbol beneath the car position
3. choose 'start charge' at bottom of screen
4. select charger and press start
5. plug car in and charging will start.

I will try your way next chance I have (assuming they still don't have plug n charge working)

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
Interestingly I have the opposite “issue”. I want to test charging using the app but every charger I have gone to the Plug and Charge function works and I don’t get a chance to use the app. I am trying another one on Saturday. The Plug and Charge is really handy so I hope you get the capability at your local chargers.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Actually, I was told to do it differently and it has worked 3x
1. open the app and open 'explore'
2. touch the symbol beneath the car position
3. choose 'start charge' at bottom of screen
4. select charger and press start
5. plug car in and charging will start.

I will try your way next chance I have (assuming they still don't have plug n charge working)
forget plug and charge, there is a flaw that they can't seem to fix.
try my way

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Interestingly I have the opposite “issue”. I want to test charging using the app but every charger I have gone to the Plug and Charge function works and I don’t get a chance to use the app. I am trying another one on Saturday. The Plug and Charge is really handy so I hope you get the capability at your local chargers.
where is the magical place where plug and charge is working

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
was it an EA charger or the canadian equivalent?
EA equivalent. Called Electrify Canada here. Same app and same process as the US equivalent as far as I can surmise from the descriptions on the forum. My app also shows the US locations. The US app probably shows the Canadian locations.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
EA equivalent. Called Electrify Canada here. Same app and same process as the US equivalent as far as I can surmise from the descriptions on the forum. My app also shows the US locations. The US app probably shows the Canadian locations.
all that I can say is that you are one of the rare ones who have gotten plug and charge to work. did you get the latest software installed? I haven't been to a charger since I had the upgrade, maybe that has changed things.

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
all that I can say is that you are one of the rare ones who have gotten plug and charge to work. did you get the latest software installed? I haven't been to a charger since I had the upgrade, maybe that has changed things.
My car was delivered with the latest software. I have only had the car since the first week of April. I don’t have pre and post to compare to.

SteveDC

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 308QV
Country flag
My car was delivered with the latest software. I have only had the car since the first week of April. I don’t have pre and post to compare to.
Can you tell me which “app” is being discussed here? There is one for Electrify America, and, I believe, *two* other Porshe apps, one is Connect, and I forget the name of the other one. Thanks. Steve

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
Can you tell me which “app” is being discussed here? There is one for Electrify America, and, I believe, *two* other Porshe apps, one is Connect, and I forget the name of the other one. Thanks. Steve
I think it is called Charging NA and the icon is green.

Porsche Taycan One week 4S experience 2FC368D3-7734-48AF-BD05-FF3F982465E7

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
I want to test charging using the app but every charger I have gone to the Plug and Charge function works and I don’t get a chance to use the app.
Have you complained to Porsche yet? ?
Sponsored