SoCalTony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I love my RWD Taycan! It’s far from perfect, but that adds to the appeal in a way. After a week of ownership, here are some of my impressions.

- Ride, Handling, Braking - Among the best of any car I’ve driven. How does Porsche make a heavy car feel so light and nimble? Also, for such a big car, it’s fun to drive, like a much smaller car.
- Quick! - It’s not a Turbo, but fast enough for me.
- Interior room - I had a Bolt before. It just goes without saying that the Taycan is a roomy, comfortable car.
- Quietness - Very peaceful and serene under most circumstances.
- Styling - Futuristic yet elegant and sporty.
- Charging speed - Charges relatively quickly.
- Conversation piece - People in Southern California seem to know what it is. People keep asking “Is it an all electric car?” Hell, yes! I’ve gotten some thumbs up and approving looks. A lot of S-class drivers seem to be curious about the car. They pull up next to it and give it a nice, long look.
- Quirkiness - From the funny icons to the German words that pop up from time to time on the screen, it’s quirky. I kind of like this.
- Uniqueness - I suppose for now, there’s not too many Taycans out there. Easier to find in the parking lot.
- German - This car is unapologetically German, from the granular adjustments to the Navigation prompts, it couldn’t be anything else.

Dislikes:
- Rattles - A little surprised by this. After owning a few VWs that rattled quite a bit, the Taycan rattles are slightly annoying but not horrible.
- User interfaces - Definitely a learning curve. Not bad, but it took me a weekend to get the basics. Tesla is a lot more intuitive.
- Parking - It’s a big car, even with all of the parking assist technology, it’s not that easy to park.
- Technology - Most of the time it works and it’s great. Apple CarPlay seems to connect inconsistently, but I’ve come across this in other cars as well. Surprisingly, all of the technology worked as advertised after configuring it properly, instructions could be a little clearer.
- Some of the voice responses - It’s a little brusque at times. “What?” “I didn’t understand you.” “Ok. (Then does nothing)

This is my first Porsche and definitely not my last.
Sponsored

Evpower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2022, Bolt 2020
Country flag
I love my RWD Taycan! It’s far from perfect, but that adds to the appeal in a way. After a week of ownership, here are some of my impressions.

- Ride, Handling, Braking - Among the best of any car I’ve driven. How does Porsche make a heavy car feel so light and nimble? Also, for such a big car, it’s fun to drive, like a much smaller car.
- Quick! - It’s not a Turbo, but fast enough for me.
- Interior room - I had a Bolt before. It just goes without saying that the Taycan is a roomy, comfortable car.
- Quietness - Very peaceful and serene under most circumstances.
- Styling - Futuristic yet elegant and sporty.
- Charging speed - Charges relatively quickly.
- Conversation piece - People in Southern California seem to know what it is. People keep asking “Is it an all electric car?” Hell, yes! I’ve gotten some thumbs up and approving looks. A lot of S-class drivers seem to be curious about the car. They pull up next to it and give it a nice, long look.
- Quirkiness - From the funny icons to the German words that pop up from time to time on the screen, it’s quirky. I kind of like this.
- Uniqueness - I suppose for now, there’s not too many Taycans out there. Easier to find in the parking lot.
- German - This car is unapologetically German, from the granular adjustments to the Navigation prompts, it couldn’t be anything else.

Dislikes:
- Rattles - A little surprised by this. After owning a few VWs that rattled quite a bit, the Taycan rattles are slightly annoying but not horrible.
- User interfaces - Definitely a learning curve. Not bad, but it took me a weekend to get the basics. Tesla is a lot more intuitive.
- Parking - It’s a big car, even with all of the parking assist technology, it’s not that easy to park.
- Technology - Most of the time it works and it’s great. Apple CarPlay seems to connect inconsistently, but I’ve come across this in other cars as well. Surprisingly, all of the technology worked as advertised after configuring it properly, instructions could be a little clearer.
- Some of the voice responses - It’s a little brusque at times. “What?” “I didn’t understand you.” “Ok. (Then does nothing)

This is my first Porsche and definitely not my last.
I bought a Chevy Bolt one year ago to see if I would like an EV and it is perfect. None of the above. Sold my 2017 911 a few months ago. It was perfect. Back and forth with a Model S that I canceled last month and ate the lose on deposit. Ordered the RWD Taycan last month. Porsche don't fail me now.

Last edited:
OP
OP

SoCalTony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I bought a Chevy Bolt one year ago to see if I would like an EV and it is perfect. None of the above. Sold my 2017 911 a few months ago. It was perfect. Back and forth with a Model S that I canceled last month and ate the lose on deposit. Ordered the RWD Taycan last month. Porsche don't fail me now.
The Bolt is a fine car. I think you’ll be very pleased with the Taycan RWD. For me, the waiting was the hardest part. My Taycan was shipped from North Dakota of all places. It took 3 weeks to get here.

OP
OP

SoCalTony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
LOL. German, as you said.
Very German. It’s nice to experience another culture through cars. I take back what I said about the brusqueness. The prompts are very direct and to the point.
Sponsored