online range calculator - driving mode definitions?

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
Please can anyone point me at the definitions of the different driving scenarios (city, country road, motorway) Porsche use in their online range calculator?

cheers
Sponsored

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Please can anyone point me at the definitions of the different driving scenarios (city, country road, motorway) Porsche use in their online range calculator?

cheers
I think the most important thing is that for long distance the highway range is around 350 km in spring time. When driving in range mode with airco on eco pro maybe a bit more. In winter it is worse.

350 km is for the first charge of the trip with 100% Battery. The rest of the trip will be from 80% tot 10% SoC so around 240-250 km between chargers.

If you do less than around 300 km per day on daily commute it will be fine.

OP
OP
smoothound

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
I think the most important thing is that for long distance the highway range is around 350 km in spring time. When driving in range mode with airco on eco pro maybe a bit more. In winter it is worse.

350 km is for the first charge of the trip with 100% Battery. The rest of the trip will be from 80% tot 10% SoC so around 240-250 km between chargers.

If you do less than around 300 km per day on daily commute it will be fine.
Thanks M - yes I understand this..... but my question is not about range anxiety - I am interested more in the impact of differing assumptions for driving styles on the modelled range calculated - also, thankfully I no longer commute (Genval to Brussels). :) many thanks

Last edited:

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Thanks M - yes I understand this..... but my question is not about range anxiety - I am interested more in the impact of differing assumptions for driving styles on the modelled range calculated - also, thankfully I no longer commute (Genval to Brussels). :) many thanks
Yes the Ring of Brussels. What a joy to drive. Our national pride. If you want to try out traffic jam assistant this is to place to go. Traffic jam guaranteed. Genval is nice to live isn’t it?
for the range. I presume city = lots of stop and go and less then 50 km/h

highway = 120 km/h constant speed

country road = 70-80 km/h

don’t know if I helped you

OP
OP
smoothound

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
Yes the Ring of Brussels. What a joy to drive. Our national pride. If you want to try out traffic jam assistant this is to place to go. Traffic jam guaranteed. Genval is nice to live isn’t it?
for the range. I presume city = lots of stop and go and less then 50 km/h

highway = 120 km/h constant speed

country road = 70-80 km/h

don’t know if I helped you
Thanks M -yes I was guessing similar figures -

I did that commute for 8 years - The glorious tunnels around Tervuren and the E411/RO tunnel near Jesus Eik - Ah I miss those!

Loved Genval and the people there too - lovely walks and evening meals around the lake. Gorgeous.

cheers
Sponsored