Only Fast Charging

taycan4sl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hello,

I am hoping to put down a deposit on a 4S soon, but now a little hesitant based on some recent threads due to the following.

My condo doesn't allow charger installation currently. Believe there is only one other electric car, a Model X, in the building. Have already started working this, but most likely would not be installed by the time I receive the 4S. Seems there is a significant concern with only fast charging?

Based on plugshare feedback, the Electrify America fast chargers in my area always appear to have issues. Any real world experience from Turbo S owners with EA. Happy to see the feedback from Canada by Louv, but looking for more info on Electrify America since the first 30 minutes for the first 3 years is free.

Confused if dealerships will be installing fast chargers? I will need to drive 600 miles after delivery, and if I can recharge at a Porsche dealer on my route it will eliminate me going 50 minutes out of the way for a fast charger.

Any information you all can share on the topics above will be beneficial.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Take a look at my battery and charging thread, in MD/NoVa I have a lot of issues with EA and I documented done. On the other hand other networks work much better. so look at PlugShare app for locations around you and see what is available and reliable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
Hello,

I am hoping to put down a deposit on a 4S soon, but now a little hesitant based on some recent threads due to the following.

My condo doesn't allow charger installation currently. Believe there is only one other electric car, a Model X, in the building. Have already started working this, but most likely would not be installed by the time I receive the 4S. Seems there is a significant concern with only fast charging?

Based on plugshare feedback, the Electrify America fast chargers in my area always appear to have issues. Any real world experience from Turbo S owners with EA. Happy to see the feedback from Canada by Louv, but looking for more info on Electrify America since the first 30 minutes for the first 3 years is free.

Confused if dealerships will be installing fast chargers? I will need to drive 600 miles after delivery, and if I can recharge at a Porsche dealer on my route it will eliminate me going 50 minutes out of the way for a fast charger.

Any information you all can share on the topics above will be beneficial.

Thanks in advance.
I am in a simliar situation, I am driving 700 miles when I pick up my 4s in April/may and I have been looking at a better planner app and other recommendations and in my opinion if you can take your time, shouldn't be a problem, my approach is fill up electrons often and see the sites, and hey you might find a charger that acts up, eh.. there are more. And more are added all the time. For your condo, lots of incentives for installing ev chargers, maybe that can help the process. Hope that helps,
https://www.evconnect.com/tax-incentives/

Porsche Taycan Only Fast Charging IMG_7089.PNG

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
Once I cross back into the US, most of my charging will be on EA chargers. The company has stepped up and given me full support and a direct line to into their Customer Care group.

So, if there are issues between EA chargers and Taycans, I’ll probably be working through them as I go. They are paying a lot of attention to this.

So far, I’ve only ever used one of their chargers, and it works fine. So I don’t have much data yet, but I will in a month.
Sponsored