Opinions on 3D Surround View with Active Parking Support?

rstr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Any ideas on the "3D Surround View with Active Parking Support" from MY2021? Is it worth the price? Anyone has seen a real-life video how it works?
Sponsored

Xsquid

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S Diesel, Taycan 4s+, 996 C2 Coupe
Country flag
Any ideas on the "3D Surround View with Active Parking Support" from MY2021? Is it worth the price? Anyone has seen a real-life video how it works?
I have ordered it on my 4s which is due to start being built next Friday.
I had the parking function on my RR Evoque and it was quite good.
It is new for My2021 and I had already optioned Lane Change Assist which is automatically included in this option so for an extra £650 approx it seemed quite a cheap option. I also like the quasi junction assist but on the back of the car when you come out of parking spaces. It looked quite good especially if you have tall SUV’s either side. I also am not yet convinced that the surround camera is that great in terms of picture quality. My Macan surround view is really good especially the wider angle views at the front and back for junctions where I live, but the Taycan quality although can do more just does not seem as good. All in all I felt it was worth putting on much like the HUD which again is new - one of those options I hope gets used!

Tazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Turbo GT, Aventador SVJ, 812 Superfast
Country flag
Hmmm, I’d say get the regular surround parking system and call it a day.

the 3D one is cool and active parking is fun the first few times. But then you realise it’s much faster and safer to just do it yourself.
But this is from someone who lives in London and has had to find the smallest gaps to park on for years ?

HerrCooles

First Name
Herr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ice grey
Country flag
I also ordered Active Parking Support. I am curious whether I can use it to drive automatically through a very narrow driveway. At this garage entrance I only have a few centimeters of space between the exterior mirrors and the wall. With the Panamera, it's always a blind flight to the mirrors. While all systems are deep red. I think the remote function has not yet been activated. As always, it's all about liability. I hope it will come. Then I can send the car to a small garage box myself and get it out again.
Sponsored