mcdermottm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB EQE SUV 350+, ‘23 Taycan RWD coming soon
Country flag
Hi, all. First post here since reading posts for a few months.

I placed an order with my local Central Florida Porsche dealer in August for a RWD. The salesman has twice guestimated the delivery to come sometime late Winter/early Spring which seems to go against many of the wait times I’ve seen here. I realize many of these long delays are for GTSs or waiting on the 12v battery but I’m just wondering what the general feeling would be about the plausibility of the timeline given. I’m trying to determine if the guy is just giving me a standard answer or if some dealers have better luck or maybe because mine will be a RWD which makes for a faster delivery? Thoughts?

Also, playing with the configurator… I’m on a bit of a budget (at least compared to some of the amazing builds I’ve seen here) and contemplating the SportDesign Side Skirts for $1030. I’m looking at either Gentian Blue or Carrara White. Does anyone have these with pics that may be more beneficial than the images on the configurator? I don’t think I’ve ever noticed them on any Taycan driving around... Do they make a noticeable visual difference?
Sponsored

evporsche89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
When you say "you placed an order", do you mean they actually gave you an allocation? Or you just placed a deposit to be on the waitlist?

There are plenty of threads on this forum dedicated to each possible taycan color...look around a bit.

OP
OP
mcdermottm

mcdermottm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
When you say "you placed an order", do you mean they actually gave you an allocation? Or you just placed a deposit to be on the waitlist?

There are plenty of threads on this forum dedicated to each possible taycan color...look around a bit.
Thanks for the clarification. It was just a deposit for the waitlist… Have not submitted the final specs, yet.

I’m more interested isn’t seeing pics with the side skirts than the specific colors.

evporsche89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
If you got an allocation today, your car would probably arrive ~late Jan/Feb 2023 at the earliest.

Without an allocation, you could be anywhere from next in line to get one, or #12 on the waitlist. You really need to know where you stand on the list, and also need to get an idea how many allocations they get.

I called every dealer in the country in September looking for an allocation, and most told me it would be 18-24 months at the earliest to get a car. So either: your dealer has you #1 on the waitlist, or they get a TON of allocations (which only happens if he is selling a lot, and thus likely has a long waitlist), or he is incorrect in his supposition/lying to you.

OP
OP
mcdermottm

mcdermottm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Good info. I pinged him today so I’ll wait a few weeks to find out where I am on the list. Back in August, there were at least 6 that he knew of ahead of me.
Sponsored