chylld

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
While my CT was at the dealer for the infamous alarm issue, I spent a week with a base Taycan with very very few options. The goal of this post is simply to highlight some differences side-by-side without declaring one better than another.

Interior trim
T: black partial leather
CT: black/chalk beige partial leather, panoramic sunroof, Burmester audio, neodyme accents
Interestingly the window controls are matte in the T and glossy in the CT.

Porsche Taycan Option comparisons between my Cross Turismo 4S vs a base Taycan B9C75FA0-41F0-4B94-BB01-CBD448C73675-COLLAGE

Porsche Taycan Option comparisons between my Cross Turismo 4S vs a base Taycan 74FAC244-54D1-4D83-B0AA-D9B96C19533E-COLLAGE

Storage package
Standard on CT4S here in Australia. Didn't know this was an option until I went to put my garage remote in the T's forward storage bin and realised it wasn't there.

Porsche Taycan Option comparisons between my Cross Turismo 4S vs a base Taycan E6B43016-4CFA-4F04-AED0-ECCBFEAAA5AD-COLLAGE

Porsche Taycan Option comparisons between my Cross Turismo 4S vs a base Taycan 513EC2D6-1F32-452C-8347-91A24B10C575-COLLAGE

Head-up display
Absence of HUD results in some interesting styling of the dash that leverages any interior trim option (neodyme in my case)

Porsche Taycan Option comparisons between my Cross Turismo 4S vs a base Taycan 1F67C539-22D4-4058-B0D2-1AA526669503-COLLAGE

Rear view
Not so much an option, but a comparison of the rearward visibility nonetheless.

Porsche Taycan Option comparisons between my Cross Turismo 4S vs a base Taycan 6867250B-9BAC-411C-997B-336F2C711D54-COLLAGE

Electric charge port cover
T: not optioned, resulting in real vents that relieve air pressure from the front wheel wells, leading to increased efficiency (and maybe dirtier front doors)
CT: optioned, resulting in faux vents, presumably to house the electric cover's motors

Porsche Taycan Option comparisons between my Cross Turismo 4S vs a base Taycan 8611415C-AA63-4BE3-8577-54F3A36971B9-COLLAGE

Wheel centre caps (coloured)

Porsche Taycan Option comparisons between my Cross Turismo 4S vs a base Taycan 9170F05B-824F-4D9F-8201-8D75DE04C154-COLLAGE

Central control display
For some reason, T and CT have bottom row and second top row shortcuts mirrored. Both are right-hand-drive cars. If my CT had Sports Chrono, the "Sport" soft key would instead read "Gravel".

Porsche Taycan Option comparisons between my Cross Turismo 4S vs a base Taycan BCD9ABB6-4075-4465-8DC4-A7B690219C3E-COLLAGE

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
Thanks for the pics - it does look like the CT has a decent bit better rearward visibility (and noticing yours even has baby seats in them). My build spec order omits the middle seat so may even be pretty decent

JustWatching

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (April '22)
Country flag
Central control display
For some reason, T and CT have bottom row and second top row shortcuts mirrored. Both are right-hand-drive cars. If my CT had Sports Chrono, the "Sport" soft key would instead read "Gravel".
BCD9ABB6-4075-4465-8DC4-A7B690219C3E-COLLAGE.jpg

[/QUOTE]

So the one on the left is the base Taycan? With PCM in color? Any idea when it was built?

OP
OP
chylld

chylld

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
Thanks for the pics - it does look like the CT has a decent bit better rearward visibility (and noticing yours even has baby seats in them). My build spec order omits the middle seat so may even be pretty decent
Yes the T's slim rear window reminded me of the horrible rear visibility in my Lotus, where half the view is taken up by the engine :CWL: In practice, both CT and T are fine and you will need the rear camera anyway when rear visibility is critical.

BCD9ABB6-4075-4465-8DC4-A7B690219C3E-COLLAGE.jpg

So the one on the left is the base Taycan? With PCM in color? Any idea when it was built?
The right one is the base Taycan, left is my moderately-specced CT4S. Both cars arrived on the same boat so probably both built September 2021. I suspect the Taycan (being a service loaner) has not had all software updates downloaded/applied.

ktvw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s 2022
Country flag
I ordered black chalk beige interior as well; any other interior pics you happen to have of the seats or anything? Any issues with keep it cleaning so far?

OP
OP
chylld

chylld

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
I ordered black chalk beige interior as well; any other interior pics you happen to have of the seats or anything? Any issues with keep it cleaning so far?
Here are a few. No problems keeping it clean, even with a 2 year old and a 4 year old.

Porsche Taycan Option comparisons between my Cross Turismo 4S vs a base Taycan IMG_0444

Porsche Taycan Option comparisons between my Cross Turismo 4S vs a base Taycan IMG_0445

Porsche Taycan Option comparisons between my Cross Turismo 4S vs a base Taycan IMG_0512

Elroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, VW Golf GTI Mk8, Ford Raptor 6.2L
Country flag
Thanks very much for your review and comparison. Have a GTS sedan on order for May delivery. Curious of your driving impressions between the base Taycan and the 4S. A couple of friends have been critical of my decision to order a GTS given the extra cost over a Base. Your thoughts?

OP
OP
chylld

chylld

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
What stood out to me most about the base model was its lack of power; it just doesn't seem to want to accelerate. The 4S feels like a completely different car and the GTS will be another level yet.

Completely worth the outlay in my personal experience, and any friends that weren't convinced completely changed their minds once I showed off launch control ;) One even got a bit sick ?

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
Based on the matte vs gloss comment on the window controls, I suspect your CT is a 2021 and the Base Taycan you drove was a 2022.

OP
OP
chylld

chylld

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
Based on the matte vs gloss comment on the window controls, I suspect your CT is a 2021 and the Base Taycan you drove was a 2022.
The base Taycan arrived either on the same ship or an earlier ship as my car (based on registration order)... unless all MY22s have matte window controls?

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
The base Taycan arrived either on the same ship or an earlier ship as my car (based on registration order)... unless all MY22s have matte window controls?
They were still delivering 2021 CTs when they were already delivering 2022 sedans. And I’m pretty sure all 2022s have matte window controls.

OP
OP
chylld

chylld

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
They were still delivering 2021 CTs when they were already delivering 2022 sedans. And I’m pretty sure all 2022s have matte window controls.
Interesting design decision then, thanks for the observation!
I personally prefer glossy controls as it differentiates the car from the rest of my fleet, which all have matte controls.

ktvw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s 2022
Country flag
Here are a few. No problems keeping it clean, even with a 2 year old and a 4 year old.

IMG_0444.jpg

IMG_0445.jpg

IMG_0512.jpg
Looks awesome!

Is this the standard partial leather or the upgraded full leather?

OP
OP
chylld

chylld

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
Looks awesome!

Is this the standard partial leather or the upgraded full leather?
Standard partial leather. Couldn't quite justify stretching the budget to full leather, but not regretting it either.

ktvw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s 2022
Country flag
Standard partial leather. Couldn't quite justify stretching the budget to full leather, but not regretting it either.
Good to know, thanks! I ordered standard partial leather as well since I liked this shade of beige the most but was worried I'd regret it after reading these forums some more.

And those are the 14 way seats?
Sponsored