Option questions and feedback please (ACC/Innodrive, massage, silver accent, center cap & sill guards)

DACSarasota

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Greetings!

Can't wait for my Taycan RWD. Here are options I have already selected:

Gentian Blue, Standard Interior in Grey, Premium Package, Air Suspension, Sport Chrono, 20" Taycan Turbo wheels.

Here are my questions:

1) ACC/Innodrive. I am not a daily driver. Probably on freeway only once or twice a month. Most roads around town are 45mph or under. I don't see a lot of value here. However, I am thinking of getting just the ACC in case the functionality improves years down the road. For instance, I understand you can later add Innodrive on demand, but need the ACC sensor in the bumper to do this. Thoughts?

Also is all the equipment/sensors needed for Innodrive included as part of ACC? I thought that had a separate camera needed at top of windshield, so wondering how you can order that.

Seems like you can actually add Innodrive later as FOD for less money (maybe I saw that wrong on PCarwhispers excellent videos).

2) Interior Accent in Dark Silver. This seems like a relatively inexpensive option that would give the interior a nice subtle pop. Neodyne is not quite right for me. Does the Dark Silver accent stand out ok/go well with the Grey Standard interior?

3) Massage Seat. Reading this forum, it sounds like people LOVE the massage chair, so I am likely adding. Does the machinery in that make the comfort level of the chair any different? I have sat in massage chairs at home and they always feel a bit stiffer/bumpier. Or is the massage all air based. Part of me thinks "one more thing that might break". But man does being able to say "Porsche, give the passenger a massage" sound cool.

4) Center Cap. I see the wheels already have a silver porsche logo center cap, which looks pretty classy with the blue. Does the color center cap add much?

5) Deletion of Model Designation. What are thoughts on this?

6) Door Sill Guards. Any thoughts on changing these? I think they are black by default, which is probably fine by me.

Welcome any other thoughts! This forum has some really great info.
Sponsored

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
1) innodrive not worth the $ especially since you're not DD.
2) silver accents are very nice - even more so with painted trim option.
3) 14 or 18 way seats are plenty comfortable. Massage not really needed IMO. (I'm 6'3" and comfy)
4) I opted for colored center caps - a must!
5) FOR SURE! I ordered mine delete and it makes for a very clean modern look.
6) I ordered aluminum guards on my RWD. Very classy over the cheap looking standard ones and it also adds trunk entry as well.

Greetings from your Naples neighbor! :)

OP
OP
DACSarasota

DACSarasota

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
2) silver accents are very nice - even more so with painted trim option.
3) 14 or 18 way seats are plenty comfortable. Massage not really needed IMO. (I'm 6'3" and comfy)
5) FOR SURE! I ordered mine delete and it makes for a very clean modern look.
Greetings from your Naples neighbor! :)
Greeting neighbor! Hope the red tide doesn't make it down your way.

2) I am actually thinking of going with beige interior now (instead of grey). Seems nice with the Gentian Blue, so not sure I need the accents now.
3) I am sure not needed, but sounds nice!
5) Interesting. My friend said people will want to know what it is so leave it on. Taycan not a household name yet.

BTW...do you have the sun roof? If so, are you happy you have it being down in sunny Florida?

makados

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 BMW X5 45e, 2022 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Seems like you can actually add Innodrive later as FOD for less money (maybe I saw that wrong on PCarwhispers excellent videos).
I can comment on the quality of innodrive because I don’t have a car yet, but it’s slightly more expensive with FoD. Built it is around $3600 and includes ACC and ALK. ACC alone is $2K, and ALK and Innodrive are $950 each, I think. I guess you could get just Innodrive as FoD, but ALK looks more important. So, built it is cheaper by a few hundreds, but only if you use the car for more than 3 years.

There were also posts on the forum that built-in Innodrive implementation is different from FoD

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
I ordered:
- Taycan RWD
- battery + (while I probably don't need this since my daily commute is short, with EVs you really should get the largest battery available, assuming the price is not stupid)
- premium package with basic lane change assist (I don't need the technology package or the remote park assist)
- message seats (bad back, hope this helps me)
- adaptive air suspension (I live down a unpaved lane and hopefully I won't bottom out)
- adaptive cruise control (I have a Tesla and you get used to the adaptive cruise control, which I don't use often but like it when I do)
- 150kw/400VDC charger (I think Tesla will open their charging network in the next few years and this might be important)

Minor features:
- mirrors painted the body color
- 2+1 seats
- heated steering wheel

Code: PNZ8LCF6

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
1) ACC/Innodrive. I am not a daily driver. Probably on freeway only once or twice a month. Most roads around town are 45mph or under. I don't see a lot of value here. However, I am thinking of getting just the ACC in case the functionality improves years down the road. For instance, I understand you can later add Innodrive on demand, but need the ACC sensor in the bumper to do this. Thoughts?

Also is all the equipment/sensors needed for Innodrive included as part of ACC? I thought that had a separate camera needed at top of windshield, so wondering how you can order that.

If you won't take any road trips in it, and you're only on a freeway once or twice a month, I wouldn't bother with ACC/Innodrive/ALK. If you do take road trips, I would suggest ACC, which keeps the option of adding Innodrive and/or ALK as FoD after the fact. You can even do what I plan to do which is to activate/deactivate ALK on demand whenever I have a road trip for just the 1 month for $25. I say "plan to" because I'm currently in the middle of the 3 month free trial of ALK. I already used it once on a road trip and found it useful for reducing fatigue.

Afaik if you do not option ACC, then you will be locked out of all 3 options. All 3 are dependent on having ACC hardware in the car.

OP
OP
DACSarasota

DACSarasota

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Afaik if you do not option ACC, then you will be locked out of all 3 options. All 3 are dependent on having ACC hardware in the car.
This is my concern. I don't think I really need ACC for $2050, but I would be kicking myself if a new feature is released (or improvements are made) that require the sensor. So I am considering getting it to future proof the car (as well as to enjoy the ACC from time to time).

That is interesting that built-in Innodrive may differ from FOD Innodrive. I can't seem to find the post that discusses that.

schad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, e-tron
Country flag
My wife uses cruise control around town more than on the highway. She finds that if she doesn't, she tends to go way too fast (like 55 in a 35), and while the cops here are generally pretty forgiving, they won't let that one go. And the tendency to "drift" faster will be even worse in an EV, where you don't have the engine and transmission feedback to let you know that your speed is changing.

If you can imagine yourself doing something similar, ACC is probably worth it.

If you get PID when ordering your car, you also get ALK. In FOD, PID and ALK are separate. If you want both PID and ALK, it's cheaper to get them when ordering. If you only want ALK (or PID, if it doesn't require ALK) it's cheaper to get via FOD.

3) Massage Seat. Reading this forum, it sounds like people LOVE the massage chair, so I am likely adding. Does the machinery in that make the comfort level of the chair any different? I have sat in massage chairs at home and they always feel a bit stiffer/bumpier. Or is the massage all air based. Part of me thinks "one more thing that might break". But man does being able to say "Porsche, give the passenger a massage" sound cool.
Massage seats are only available on the 14-ways, not the 18-ways, so that's something to consider. I really wanted the 18-ways so the massage did not make the cut for me.

If you prefer the way it looks, I say go for it. It does look cleaner. If it were an option, I would've gone for simply "4S" (instead of "Taycan 4S"). I think the full model-plus-trim lettering is just too busy. But it's not an option. Except it is for you -- the model designation sans "Taycan" is in fact just nothing!

I also considered deletion on the back but designation on the doors. But that seemed like too much for the Taycan. Also, I'd used my entire boldness budget on frozen blue.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Greeting neighbor! Hope the red tide doesn't make it down your way.

2) I am actually thinking of going with beige interior now (instead of grey). Seems nice with the Gentian Blue, so not sure I need the accents now.
3) I am sure not needed, but sounds nice!
5) Interesting. My friend said people will want to know what it is so leave it on. Taycan not a household name yet.

BTW...do you have the sun roof? If so, are you happy you have it being down in sunny Florida?
5) those who don't know - don't need to know. Debadged: clean look.

I do have glass roof and it helps if someone is claustrophobic + just looks incredible. I am happy with it in sunny FL. Whatever UV coating on it does help dramatically with interior temps. I also have ceramic window film on EVERY window. That, in conjunction with automatic cabin cooling keep things cool inside when the car is sitting out side at the office during the week.

dflohr

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Boxster S (RIP)
Country flag
Optioned massage seats to seal the Taycan deal with my wife. No regrets. Actually extended my use of the Taycan in an interesting way.

Strained my lower back at the gym the other day. Cold pack and Aleve didnt really help. Sat night 11:30PM went to the garage and got into the car. Turned car on, headlights out, seat reclined back, Spotify Spa music, Ambients lights linked to change with music and massage seats on Lumbar mode at full strength. 45 minutes later, felt so much better.

Going to submit my Porsche financial bill to Humana for reimbursement as a physical therapy expense. :)

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Optioned massage seats to seal the Taycan deal with my wife. No regrets. Actually extended my use of the Taycan in an interesting way.

Strained my lower back at the gym the other day. Cold pack and Aleve didnt really help. Sat night 11:30PM went to the garage and got into the car. Turned car on, headlights out, seat reclined back, Spotify Spa music, Ambients lights linked to change with music and massage seats on Lumbar mode at full strength. 45 minutes later, felt so much better.

Going to submit my Porsche financial bill to Humana for reimbursement as a physical therapy expense. :)
PORSCHE ...... there is no substitute. ♠ ??

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
Greetings!

Can't wait for my Taycan RWD. Here are options I have already selected:

Gentian Blue, Standard Interior in Grey, Premium Package, Air Suspension, Sport Chrono, 20" Taycan Turbo wheels.

Here are my questions:

2) Interior Accent in Dark Silver. This seems like a relatively inexpensive option that would give the interior a nice subtle pop. Neodyne is not quite right for me. Does the Dark Silver accent stand out ok/go well with the Grey Standard interior?

4) Center Cap. I see the wheels already have a silver porsche logo center cap, which looks pretty classy with the blue. Does the color center cap add much?

6) Door Sill Guards. Any thoughts on changing these? I think they are black by default, which is probably fine by me.

Welcome any other thoughts! This forum has some really great info.
#1 - I personally love ACC - never going to own a car without it again - great in stop/go and wonderful for highway - better to have it and not need it - cause you can't add it later
#2 - have it on mine and love it
#3 I love them - wife loves them (demanded them on her Cayenne - surprise favorite) - two people who thought they didn't need them - tried them - added them to their order (Cayenne neighbors, eTron friends)
#4 - no idea - no opinion
#5 yes - I couldn't bear to have the word "turbo" on my EV - silly Porsche marketing
#6 - signature build item for any porsche I've owned - Illuminated Carbon Fibre - it's my "touch" for any build of a Porsche I've done.

you'll love the car regardless of options - have fun!

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
The sill guards are silver by default, so you want to make sure they get optioned to be black. I'd consider the carbon sill guards if I did the carbon interior, but since I didn't, I left them black.

OP
OP
DACSarasota

DACSarasota

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I do have glass roof and it helps if someone is claustrophobic + just looks incredible. I am happy with it in sunny FL. Whatever UV coating on it does help dramatically with interior temps. I also have ceramic window film on EVERY window. That, in conjunction with automatic cabin cooling keep things cool inside when the car is sitting out side at the office during the week.
Not as concerned about heat as brightness when direct sun overhead.

What is automatic cabin cooling? Can you start the AC before you get in the car?

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not as concerned about heat as brightness when direct sun overhead.

What is automatic cabin cooling? Can you start the AC before you get in the car?
Yes via the app or precool setting in the PCM. No issue with sun overhead.
Sponsored