Orange County, CA

Nmoranda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
What’s going on in OC with my fellow Taycan buddies? Y’all drive like a bunch of old ladies. I even pulled up on a Turbo and got a smile and he continued at 60mph. Is the Porsche community turning into a bunch of Corvette owners? It’s safe to do at least 70 on the 261/241. If you see a little blonde in a frozen blue Taycan, please restore my faith by hitting the pedal. Thank you in advance.
* to all the dad comments coming about how it’s not safe to drive fast.. I’m not asking for much. Like at least 71 will be faster than the other 9 I’ve seen rolling around town.
Sponsored

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
you might want to troll the 133 between I5 and 241....I think the minimum speed on that stretch is 70+...fun little straight to get the cobwebs out.

CAracer

First Name
Johh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes AMG GTS Mercedes GLC300, Honda CRV
Country flag
What’s going on in OC with my fellow Taycan buddies? Y’all drive like a bunch of old ladies. I even pulled up on a Turbo and got a smile and he continued at 60mph. Is the Porsche community turning into a bunch of Corvette owners? It’s safe to do at least 70 on the 261/241. If you see a little blonde in a frozen blue Taycan, please restore my faith by hitting the pedal. Thank you in advance.
* to all the dad comments coming about how it’s not safe to drive fast.. I’m not asking for much. Like at least 71 will be faster than the other 9 I’ve seen rolling around town.
Come to Texas, speed limit is 85mph on the toll roads. I use to live in CA. Too slow there...

OP
OP
Nmoranda

Nmoranda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
Come to Texas
I have cars in mind for each state I want to buy other properties.

So Cal: Taycan
TX lake house: 67’ Bronco
Tahoe, CA: Suburban XL
Bend, OR: Defender
San Diego: Carrera

So far I’m one house and one Taycan in. Lol

wurzitup

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
This post cracked me the f*** up......... LOL.
I do my part........ although I am either doing 95 or 70 trying to get range.
This car is so bloody fast and comfortable.... even the base.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
I have cars in mind for each state I want to buy other properties.

So Cal: Taycan
TX lake house: 67’ Bronco
Tahoe, CA: Suburban XL
Bend, OR: Defender
San Diego: Carrera

So far I’m one house and one Taycan in. Lol
2nd that on Tx :). I posted a vid in one of my threads here somewhere of me tracking a brand new 911 Turbo S - I was in normal mode and absolutely effortlessly kept up with him passing cars on I10 - we were most def in the speed range of that McLaren! ;)

Last edited:

OP
OP
Nmoranda

Nmoranda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
2nd that on Tx :). I posted a vid in one of my threads here somewhere of me tracking a brand new 911 Turbo S - I was in normal mode and absolutely effortlessly kept up with him passing cars on I10 - we were most def in the speed range of that McLaren! ;)
It’s fun when another Porsche wants to go for it. ☺

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
I got the memo on 95 I’m not sure I was listening when they said 70. ?
Ah - found it - not exactly exciting :) - the cars we're passing in this vid are all doing 85+. Typical Texas passing rules (mortifying but when in Rome!) i.e. lane etiquette - what the heck is that?!! :rolleyes:

2nd vid here win a trip report to the Hill Country:

OP
OP
Nmoranda

Nmoranda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
lane etiquette - what the heck is that?!! :rolleyes:

2nd vid here win a trip report to the Hill Country:
I tell my kid that it’s so rude to pass on the right as I drop it and pass on the right. Do as I say not as I do! I bought her the sport version in the Civic but that thing is as good as a Prius.

Leawood CT

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT
Country flag
At my place in North Scottsdale AZ the normal speed limit on the 101 seems to be about 90 mph. I get passed a lot when I am going that speed. I have no idea what one would have to do to get a speeding ticket there. Nmoranda, you set the Taycan pace in the OC! :rock:

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I tell my kid that it’s so rude to pass on the right as I drop it and pass on the right. Do as I say not as I do! I bought her the sport version in the Civic but that thing is as good as a Prius.
I dont know...I think its more rude to sit in the left slow rolling.
Sponsored