snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My neighbor asked me about my 4s and so I let her drive it and she was very impressed. She has been through track school and loved the way it handles compared to the Mercedes SLC she currently drives.

After the drive, and because she wanted more info about a 4s, I gave her the name of my sales rep at Porsche (a really nice guy), and then texted him to let him know she would be calling. He got back to me with a text saying it could be a long wait. I called him at that point and he told me that the new order horizon for a 4s was now 2 years - yikes!! :oops: He also said that some dealers are adding $10k - $20k markup to cars in their lots (double yikes! :oops::oops:)

His explanation was parts, parts, parts. As other on this forum have pointed out, the Ukraine conflict has shut down/delayed parts from Ukraine that include wiring harnesses and high labor cost items. He also indicated that if you don't mind buying a car out of state (US), there are still cars out there. He suggested entering the configuration of interest, and a SEARCH option will appear that shows cars similar to that configuration available nearby. You can also do a more general search based on model. I tried it and there were a number cars available, and the markups weren't awful.

So I asked him what people are doing who want a very specific configuration. He told me he has a number of customers who are buying a Taycan (entry-level model) or a certified used Taycan, and then placing their order for the specific configuration and model they want. When the car finally arrives, they trade-in the other car.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
My neighbor asked me about my 4s and so I let her drive it and she was very impressed. She has been through track school and loved the way it handles compared to the Mercedes SLC she currently drives.

After the drive, and because she wanted more info about a 4s, I gave her the name of my sales rep at Porsche (a really nice guy), and then texted him to let him know she would be calling. He got back to me with a text saying it could be a long wait. I called him at that point and he told me that the new order horizon for a 4s was now 2 years - yikes!! :oops: He also said that some dealers are adding $10k - $20k markup to cars in their lots (double yikes! :oops::oops:)

His explanation was parts, parts, parts. As other on this forum have pointed out, the Ukraine conflict has shut down/delayed parts from Ukraine that include wiring harnesses and high labor cost items. He also indicated that if you don't mind buying a car out of state (US), there are still cars out there. He suggested entering the configuration of interest, and a SEARCH option will appear that shows cars similar to that configuration available nearby. You can also do a more general search based on model. I tried it and there were a number cars available, and the markups weren't awful.

So I asked him what people are doing who want a very specific configuration. He told me he has a number of customers who are buying a Taycan (entry-level model) or a certified used Taycan, and then placing their order for the specific configuration and model they want. When the car finally arrives, they trade-in the other car.
A lot can change in 2 years and suspect this will come forward.

Deleted member 6348

As someone that already has a 4S, I am perfectly fine with this limited availability. It gives me a shot at repeating what I did with my 992C4S, ie drive it for 2.5 years and 35k miles for "free".

hitmonlee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Macan GTS
Country flag
I've heard 9 months, I've heard 18 months, and now I'm hearing 2 years. Doesn't look like any dealer actually has any insight and It's pretty much speculation and guessing at this point.

As others have mentioned, 2 years is a long time. Some of us might be driving a Macan EV in 2 years.

Reactions: B61

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
I may be moving to an area where I don't even need a car (I have an EV motorcycle and use it for 90% of my errands already), so if anyone wants a Neptune Blue RWD with VERY low miles, DM me and I'll let you know if it becomes available. Love the car but I've no really need for it. Which kinda sucks.

Visceral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991 Turbo S. Spyder and CT4S on the way
Country flag
Two years would seem like a lot longer if only Porsche wasn't struggling to deliver the cars they committed to a year ago.

CliffordJoseph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia
Country flag
Sorry, but this is inaccurate. I would contact your other nearby dealerships for more info. Dealership I just test drove at told me 2 weeks ago they had 2 allocations for 4S released to them so they'll trickle in from time to time. Best for her to just get on a waiting list.

DrLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (one day)
Country flag
By time I receive my turbo in a couple weeks, it will have been about 11.5 months since I placed my deposit. That was before the war, so this doesn't surprise me very much.

npx

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
The dealers do not know for sure. That's the key. Pre Ukraine my GTS ST was supposed to be a September / October delivery. Then in May it was "not a single car from our queue has gone in" and at that point it looked more like June 2023 bare minimum but they have no idea when this wiring harness situation will be resolved

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I've heard 9 months, I've heard 18 months, and now I'm hearing 2 years.
And on top, the EU just announced, no more ICE after 2035. How on earth can Porsche electrify all their models and change over all their production, if they cannot even deliver a single model??? :whew:

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
here in the US I can have a gts in 6-8 months

outie

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, McLaren 720S Spider, Taycan GTS
Country flag
I just picked up my GTS today after a 6mo wait. They said I was lucky and now people need to wait 18mo for one.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
And on top, the EU just announced, no more ICE after 2035. How on earth can Porsche electrify all their models and change over all their production, if they cannot even deliver a single model??? :whew:
Powerpoint and politicans can promise everything... but in real-life, that's not possible (in 13 years).
Sponsored