First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
Hello all,

I ordered my CT4S via LeasePlan with salary sacrifice on the 20th of April 2022.

I got an estimated delivery date to Porsche Cambridge for the 31st of May 2023. So around 13 months lead time. Just a bit less than 4 months left, assuming no delays.

From your personal experience how long before the delivery do you get notified that you got an allocation?

So far, I get the usual monthly email from LP confirming that are still on track, but haven’t heard anything else.
Sponsored

Jasper4S

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
I ordered end of september 2022. Delivery is in two weeks. I’m not sure how it works, I hear mixed stories about order-to-delivery waiting times from 3 months to 18 months. Maybe luck? Or location?

My allocation was known on the day of order. I was doubting between a RWD and 4S and the delivery dates were about the same. The SA showed me the allocations in his system as proof

OP
OP
GeorgeMamba4SCT
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
Oh wow. I guess you are based in Europe? I would assume for UK the lead times will be a bit longer. But 6 months sounds pretty quick.

Jasper4S

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
Oh wow. I guess you are based in Europe? I would assume for UK the lead times will be a bit longer. But 6 months sounds pretty quick.
Yeah The Netherlands. I can understand that helps a bit, but it shouldn’t be a game changer in waiting times right? Shipment shouldn’t be more than - lets say - 10% of delivery times.

I really don’t understand allocations in combination with Porsche

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
4S CT from PRG Reading
Ordered 9th June 22
Allocation 2nd July 22
Delivered 13th December 22

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Strange indeed.

Test drive, placed deposit and signed contract on December 22nd. Got allocation january 7th. Allocation locked January 28th. Next step should be V250 beginning March. Expected delivery early April.

Edit: maybe they only do right hand cars once in a while?

Last edited:

FmrSapper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I got an allocation for a GTS in September 22, locked in early December, it’s produced and at the port in Emden, delivery o/a March 3.

wmtan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (on order), Q5, Cooper Convertible
Country flag
Hello everyone; from Singapore.

I placed a deposit on 2nd Oct 2022 to join the queue for an allocation.

Informed of an allocation in the 3rd week of Jan 2023.

Went to spec my car (Taycan RWD) on 28th Jan 2023; was told for an April production.

Delivery likely 3rd quarter of 2023.

Currently no freeze date yet.

daveb3473

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
Also in the UK. Placed deposit for a 4 ct in Feb 22. Received an allocation in Nov 22 for delivery late March 23. Still no sign of when will be built.

However also placed an order for a 4s ct in Nov 22 and received an allocation in Jan23!

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
RHD/Brexit seems to mean long lead times for the UK. Europe is around 5-6 months and most dealers have allocations to order against. I ordered in October and expecting delivery March. Config locked in Dec. When I ordered my GTS a Paris dealer had 2 available. I approached 3 dealers and they all had a GTS allocation free.

OP
OP
GeorgeMamba4SCT
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
From what I have read so far, I concluded that UK has overall longer lead times and adds to that if you order the car via a Leasing company (in my case) instead of a Porsche dealership.

Hope the car gets delivered as per estimated date. It's been already close to 12 months and every day now feels longer.

OP
OP
GeorgeMamba4SCT
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
I just received an update from Porsche Cambridge that deals with my order and they still have orders from December 2021 that haven't received an allocation.

If you are based in UK and you plan to order one, best to work with a dealership that can get an allocation much faster for you.

Jin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (MY24)
Country flag
Hello all,

I ordered my CT4S via LeasePlan with salary sacrifice on the 20th of April 2022.

I got an estimated delivery date to Porsche Cambridge for the 31st of May 2023. So around 13 months lead time. Just a bit less than 4 months left, assuming no delays.

From your personal experience how long before the delivery do you get notified that you got an allocation?

So far, I get the usual monthly email from LP confirming that are still on track, but haven’t heard anything else.
I've got a tracker running for sal sac /lease UK orders... would be great if you could add your details to it too.. you can also see what others have added in terms of allocation dates etc

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/uk-lease-salary-sacrifice-order-tracker.14467/

AdamT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A7 and A3, Taycan on order
Country flag
I just received an update from Porsche Cambridge that deals with my order and they still have orders from December 2021 that haven't received an allocation.

If you are based in UK and you plan to order one, best to work with a dealership that can get an allocation much faster for you.
I ordered 4S in Nov21 with Porsche Cambridge (via Zenith), received allocation last week with build in April, delivery in early May supposedly....
Sponsored