Spence

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X3M
Country flag
Ordered my 4s in late December from Hatfield Porsche UK, deposit paid first week in January.
What’s weird is I’ve still had no confirmed freeze date? The salesman has been good at communicating in general but shouldn’t I have had more information by now?
Sponsored

schwar

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo MY21
Country flag
You probably ordered soon after me.

I ordered my Taycan Turbo at the end of the 2nd week of December for a January build slot. Colchester also offered a February build slot at the time, but I wanted to make sure the car was here before the end of the tax year.

The car is now in the UK at Sheerness docks, and I should be picking it up next weekend or soon after (the snow has slowed things down a bit).

It seems that times vary a great deal depending on your dealership. Good luck!

OP
OP

Spence

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X3M
Country flag
You probably ordered soon after me.

I ordered my Taycan Turbo at the end of the 2nd week of December for a January build slot. Colchester also offered a February build slot at the time, but I wanted to make sure the car was here before the end of the tax year.

The car is now in the UK at Sheerness docks, and I should be picking it up next weekend or soon after (the snow has slowed things down a bit).

It seems that times vary a great deal depending on your dealership. Good luck!
unbelievable! Lucky you!
Is it just the demand for the 4s vs the turbo? The difference there is pretty big considering I haven’t even had a freeze date yet ?!

schwar

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo MY21
Country flag
I know of other people who have ordered the Turbo a couple of months before me and are not getting their cars until April. It probably depends on your model, but also definitely the dealer too.

Porsche electric!

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
4s is in high demand, UK dealers got the lion's share of allocations pre Christmas due to potential Brexit import taxes in 2021 - so a lower number of allocations have been handed to UK dealers at the beginning of this year. Porsche ag (Stuttgart) production planning dept are slow to give build slots to Porsche GB and therefore dealers are none the wiser when May allocations will be available. My understanding is that April allocations are full at the moment. The dealer supplying my car has seventeen 4s that have been ordered but not allocated yet. I rang a few of the larger dealers to see if they had any earlier availability and most were forecasting a November delivery if you placed a new order.

Ordered mine 20th Dec, leasing company said April/May delivery - hope they magic an April slot by likely to be end of May at the earliest ☹

OP
OP

Spence

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X3M
Country flag
4s is in high demand, UK dealers got the lion's share of allocations pre Christmas due to potential Brexit import taxes in 2021 - so a lower number of allocations have been handed to UK dealers at the beginning of this year. Porsche ag (Stuttgart) production planning dept are slow to give build slots to Porsche GB and therefore dealers are none the wiser when May allocations will be available. My understanding is that April allocations are full at the moment. The dealer supplying my car has seventeen 4s that have been ordered but not allocated yet. I rang a few of the larger dealers to see if they had any earlier availability and most were forecasting a November delivery if you placed a new order.

Ordered mine 20th Dec, leasing company said April/May delivery - hope they magic an April slot by likely to be end of May at the earliest ☹
still no freeze date, this is ridiculous. Is this normal? Seems like everyone else here gets a freeze date at least pretty soon after ordering... this doesn’t bode well for when I’ll actually get the car!

mikeyyn

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S. BMW X5, Golf GTi,
Country flag
Ordered my 4s in September, didn’t get a freeze date at all, but it was implied it was in January, I was advised to finalise my thinking as soon as I could in case they pulled it early. Car is now at docks in Germany waiting for a ship. Not long now, only 6 months.?

torx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I think like others say this comes down to the dealership. I put an order in early February, was told today it should complete production on 10th March with delivery late March.

I don't know when the exact freeze date was.

When I first started looking at the Taycan 4S in January I was told by my local Porsche Dealer (Cambridge) that delivery would be in November. Luckily someone on here mentioned Porsche Norwich had been allocated build slots for Feb/Mar as they were a new dealership, so I went with them.

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, '19 e-Tron, '24 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
still no freeze date, this is ridiculous. Is this normal? Seems like everyone else here gets a freeze date at least pretty soon after ordering... this doesn’t bode well for when I’ll actually get the car!
Your dealer should be able to tell you exactly when the freeze date is or you should be able to log onto the My Porsche web site and see the milestones in your order's progress, one of which is the freeze date.

The time interval for the freeze date is going to be dependent on when the dealer's allocation for your order becomes available. In my case, the allocation slot and my order were only a week apart so my freeze date came up very quickly. If you placed your order in, say, January but the dealer's allocation was for March or April then your freeze date may be a ways off.

In any event, your dealer should be able to provide you with this information. Good luck.

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Like you, I ordered my Taycan 4S in December. My freeze date is in 9 hours! Delivery scheduled for May 7. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas. Very unbecoming for a man my age.....

Porsche electric!

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I still do not have a freeze date, told it goes into production early may, with a late may delivery. I think the vehicle planning dept at Porsche GB has had the may allocations and is struggling to keep dealers happy as there is a lot of demand. If you have a may allocation, I would expect that you will hear in the next few days.
Sponsored