Ordered...but there's still time! Couple option questions.

MrRothIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Incoming: Taycan
Country flag
Firstly thanks to all on the forum for the info shared. I first looked back in Jan/Feb and finally just locked in an order for an RWD slated for August delivery. First Porsche and not used to the 20 pages of options!

Couple of questions as I decide what to update - I've read about some here already and just want to confirm my understanding.

- What is the difference between the standard lights and what comes in the premium package? I pieced out the options I wanted from premium but was unsure of the light difference.

- The heated seats option - from what I understand are front heated seats standard but by checking off the box I'm paying for rear as well? I just need the front and wondering if I should uncheck that box.

- Is it possible to get the Race-Tex steering wheel with a standard interior? I dont mind if its heated.

- What is the "storage package"?

- What does the car come with for standard door sill guards - I see the option for brushed aluminum but cant find what stock looks like.

Only other thing I am debating is power charge port cover or not. Read the extensive thread here and know you guys are split on that one.

Thanks in advance - hoping to get it locked and into production soon and hoping for a smooth process with no delays!
Sponsored

Ajes

First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Highl. Hybrid, Civic HB, Taycan 4s order
Country flag
Regarding the lights. Premium package includes LED with PDLS. This moves the lights through corners etc. Next level is LED matrix lights. These are a collection of multiple smaller LEDs that one day in the US hopefully Will allow dimming of some of the matrix to allow the lighting to adapt to surroundings. Currently in the US these lights are not approved. If an when approved a firmware update should enable the features. So paying for potential future use.

Standard sill guards are silver aluminum color for 4s. Free option is black and extra cost is illuminated.

QUOTE="MrRothIII, post: 72410, member: 3097"]
Firstly thanks to all on the forum for the info shared. I first looked back in Jan/Feb and finally just locked in an order for an RWD slated for August delivery. First Porsche and not used to the 20 pages of options!

Couple of questions as I decide what to update - I've read about some here already and just want to confirm my understanding.

- What is the difference between the standard lights and what comes in the premium package? I pieced out the options I wanted from premium but was unsure of the light difference.

- The heated seats option - from what I understand are front heated seats standard but by checking off the box I'm paying for rear as well? I just need the front and wondering if I should uncheck that box.

- Is it possible to get the Race-Tex steering wheel with a standard interior? I dont mind if its heated.

- What does the car come with for standard door sill guards - I see the option for brushed aluminum but cant find what stock looks like.

Only other thing I am debating is power charge port cover or not. Read the extensive thread here and know you guys are split on that one.

Thanks in advance - hoping to get it locked and into production soon and hoping for a smooth process with no delays!
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

DGT

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Targa 4S, '21 Cayenne S, '21 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Heated front seats come standard. The option is to include rear seat heating.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
Standard sill guards are silver aluminum color. Free option is black and extra cost is illuminated.
Standard sills on RWD are black and they aren’t aluminum. I assume plastic.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

Storage Option

Additional storage compartments in vehicle interior:
- storage tray below the ascending centre console in front
- storage tray on the middle tunnel in rear
- net and bag hook in rear luggage compartment

Front heated seats std (no need for rear really and the option description is poorly written to entice you to select and pay more!)

Black sill inserts (not sure if plastic or brushed aluminium - better).

Powered port covers - depends on your priority but if you've read the stories on the forum then you'll know what to expect - money might be better spent on something else. That said, when they work, they are cool.

perski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche C2S, CT4
Country flag
Door sill inserts are indeed plastic on RWD (and base cross turismo). You can see them at 8:58 in:

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
Just curious why there doesn’t seem to be much love for the Premium Package as is? It was hard to find a car on the lot with the “package”...most dealer builds had cherry-picked features from the package instead.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
Just curious why there doesn’t seem to be much love for the Premium Package as is? It was hard to find a car on the lot with the “package”...most dealer builds had cherry-picked features from the package instead.
You mean from dealer lots? It just reflects an intention to keep the MSRP down; they add the features that they hope make a difference to buyers (e.g., 14 way seats) and leave off the ones people will tolerate missing (e.g., glass roof, ionizer). Forgive my examples, as I specified the Premium Package and therefore don't really know which options people don't miss.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Cost. I cherry picked from PP for my RWD. Kept my overall cost down.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Standard sills on RWD are black and they aren’t aluminum. I assume plastic.
Yes plastic and cheap looking. I optioned for the aluminum which also gives you aluminum trunk sills.

OP
OP

MrRothIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Incoming: Taycan
Country flag
Thanks for the replies so far!

As of right now I will be:

Removing the heated seats option as I just need the front

Adding:
- Smoking package for the cup holder
- Storage package

Still debating:
-Sills
-Power cover

As for me with the Premium Pack - I added what I wanted it from it and was able to allocate a couple K to other things...I've since changed a couple times so I will revisit the cost difference to see if it still makes sense but from what I understand I'm not missing anything on the light upgrade. Other than that the only thing I didnt spec was the 14 way seats and seat ventilation.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
14-way seats are key for me since I'm 6' 3" and the extending cushions really help with comfort.
Ventilated seats are another must have for me since I'm in a hot climate.

SDSoccerdad

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
You mean from dealer lots? It just reflects an intention to keep the MSRP down; they add the features that they hope make a difference to buyers (e.g., 14 way seats) and leave off the ones people will tolerate missing (e.g., glass roof, ionizer). Forgive my examples, as I specified the Premium Package and therefore don't really know which options people don't miss.
I bought a 4S on Monday. Every 4S on Southern Cal Porsche dealer lots I looked at had the premium package. Except for the ionizer, the features offered in the PP were acceptable to me.
Sponsored