Ordered CT albeit with some trepidation- How prevalent are the electrical fault issues?

RallyG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT
Country flag
I have read the various threads regarding electrical faults requiring shut down. That being said, I have no idea how common those are is after the recall update. Any views on this?

I am somewhat nervous as I had a 2011 Panamera Turbo that had multiple unresolved system errors and I ultimately sold it in frustration.
Sponsored

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
I have read the various threads regarding electrical faults requiring shut down. That being said, I have no idea how common those are is after the recall update. Any views on this?

I am somewhat nervous as I had a 2011 Panamera Turbo that had multiple unresolved system errors and I ultimately sold it in frustration.
Hard to say. Considering your build is a newer model year, it might not have any issues or it might have new ones older models don't have.

You will find people here and on social media with battery failure, and many more that have had their cars from the beginning without an issue. I've had my 4S for a year without a single issue other than some slow to load screens at start up periodically. I myself am trading in my 4S for a CT4 and am hoping I'm not jinxing myself by getting out of an otherwise perfect vehicle for possibly new problems.

One thing to consider is folks with problems flock to the internet and message boards to vent and find solutions. 10 people on here saying their battery died will make it seem like everyone is having the problem, when the reality is a few of those folks never even set foot on this forum until the issue occurred, and if the failure rate was incredibly high, more than 12 people of the thousands that have bought the Taycan would have reported it to the NHTSA.

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
2,500 miles in my CT4S and no issues. Agree with above, forums emphasise problems.

Superrat

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Crosss Turismo
Country flag
All I can say is I picked up my CT on 9/2 and it has been in the shop for 14 days.. alarm issue seems to be unsolvable and now both screens went black. National Porsche tech hasn’t responded to dealer service request. Love the car but not enjoying the ownership experience. Porsche dealer has been very responsive but at the mercy of PCNA Tech to solve the issue.. It’s kinda sucks. I‘ve waited 30 yrs to own a Porsche and the first two weeks of ownership has sucked!
Sponsored