Ordered RWD in March, still no delivery date?

ezksj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Mercedes E Coupé
Country flag
Is it normal to take so long? I’m based in Europe (Portugal) and my dealer still can’t give me a date. Says car is ready but stopped on Porsche factory. Anyone with the same problem? It’s kinda frustrating

UPDATE 21 NOVEMBER:

Still haven't received my 2021 RWD. Meanwhile they are delivering 2022 models first. Is this how Porsche treat their customers? So i ill get a 21model in 2022(If they deliver in 2022)? How does this make sense?
Sponsored

Last edited:

delsol805

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Is it normal to take so long? I’m based in Europe (Portugal) and my dealer still can’t give me a date. Says car is ready but stopped on Porsche factory. Anyone with the same problem? It’s kinda frustrating
Samething happens on my RHD order, I am based in Hong Kong. Taycan RWD ordered in March and scheduled for production in June. My sales told me the car has been in status V260 since July. and he has no idea what parts shortage caused the delay

bj33813

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I ordered in March also. Made it to the port in Jacksonville 7/30, made it to PEC Atlanta 9/15, now collecting dust. I guess waiting until the 2023s or 2024s come out.

iamfrozt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Did either of you order the IR Camera as a part of the build? I'm seeing reports that the IR camera may be causing excessively long delays

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
I ordered in March also. Made it to the port in Jacksonville 7/30, made it to PEC Atlanta 9/15, now collecting dust. I guess waiting until the 2023s or 2024s come out.
I ordered April 1st. Car delivered to me May 29th. It came through Jacksonville port as well. (2021 RWD)

OP
OP

ezksj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Mercedes E Coupé
Country flag
Did either of you order the IR Camera as a part of the build? I'm seeing reports that the IR camera may be causing excessively long delays
No IR camera.
This is frustrating considering all 2022 models being delivered as we speak. How will Porsche compensate this? Guess they won’t. Will cancel the order and demand my money if I don’t see any updates until the end of the month.

frankchn

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 TTS, Taycan TTS
Country flag
I have a fairly complete build on a 2022 Taycan Turbo S (passenger display, burm, night vision, innodrive, sport pasm...) and it got built in a week earlier this month. Now at Emden waiting for a boat.

VA_CT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Macan, 2022 4CT
Country flag
I have a fairly complete build on a 2022 Taycan Turbo S (passenger display, burm, night vision, innodrive, sport pasm...) and it got built in a week earlier this month. Now at Emden waiting for a boat.
Our cars might be in the same boat. Mine is 2022 4 CT with similar options as yours. waiting for boat at Emden with a delivery date of Dec 10th. Fingers crossed

DANgerous

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Samething happens on my RHD order, I am based in Hong Kong. Taycan RWD ordered in March and scheduled for production in June. My sales told me the car has been in status V260 since July. and he has no idea what parts shortage caused the delay
I also ordered my RWD in March, also based in HK. Apparently it was due on the ship “Morning Lily” which is now in the Mediterranean somewhere. Other than that, it has been very difficult to get information about production, problems, estimates. I’ve had to chase many many times and unfortunately the dealer seems to not know much. The vessel arrives in Mid November, no idea what will happen after that!

delsol805

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I also ordered my RWD in March, also based in HK. Apparently it was due on the ship “Morning Lily” which is now in the Mediterranean somewhere. Other than that, it has been very difficult to get information about production, problems, estimates. I’ve had to chase many many times and unfortunately the dealer seems to not know much. The vessel arrives in Mid November, no idea what will happen after that!
Lucky you, I asked my sales last week, he said the system still shows my car is still in production....
Unlike the UK/US customers, they don't let me cancel the order and get a full refund

DANgerous

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Lucky you, I asked my sales last week, he said the system still shows my car is still in production....
Unlike the UK/US customers, they don't let me cancel the order and get a full refund
That’s too bad. If you don’t want it when they eventually deliver, I think you will be able to sell it on for a profit given how difficult it is to get one in HK now. It’s just a shame that you can’t use the money for something else right now, if that’s what you would want to do.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
IR camera for night vision?
I have it (ordered in April, delivered September 17), but I was waiting for TPMS control unit only.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I wouldn't believe your dealer.
If factory holds the vehicle, dealers have info about reasons.
Mine was assembled in July, then we were waiting for TPMS control unit almost two months, but my dealer was informed all the time.

DL UK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 545
Country flag
Exactly the same thing, ordered early March

nav1

First Name
nav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
jaguar
Country flag
ordered mine in march and got it end of may....
Sponsored