Ordering GTS Sport Turismo for nov 2023 delivery?

exliontamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo, Boxster S
Country flag
hi folks - i am looking to purchase a gts sport turismo for late 2023 (yes, 2023) delivery.

1) when should i place the order?
2) what pricing should i expect?

i am in the sf bay area.
Sponsored

Deleted member 7736

I just took delivery of a Turbo S last week that I ordered 13 months ago from Porsche Stevens Creek (@ MSRP). In chatting with my sales rep, he said delivery for orders they are taking now is over two years out. If you want a Nov. 2023 delivery, I'd call around and get my order in sooner than later.

hitmonlee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Macan GTS
Country flag
I just took delivery of a Turbo S last week that I ordered 13 months ago from Porsche Stevens Creek (@ MSRP). In chatting with my sales rep, he said delivery for orders they are taking now is over two years out. If you want a Nov. 2023 delivery, I'd call around and get my order in sooner than later.
How's your experience with Stevens Creek? I have a deposit with them for a Taycan 4CT and am curious. My experience so far has been alright but it's obviously way too early to draw any conclusion.

Deleted member 7736

My experience with them throughout the purchase process was very pleasant and smooth (manufacturing delays notwithstanding). They kept me updated throughout the process and the sales transaction and delivery process were very smooth. I have no experience yet with their service department, but the folks in parts were awesome for the few accessories and the charging dock I ordered. I would definitely recommend them based on my experience with them so far.

OP
OP

exliontamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo, Boxster S
Country flag
so it will be 2 years before i can expect to take delivery of the vehicle if i order it today?

OP
OP

exliontamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo, Boxster S
Country flag
That's what I've been told.
good to know. will pricing need to be finalized at order time? 2 years is a long time - lots could change between now and then.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
hi folks - i am looking to purchase a gts sport turismo for late 2023 (yes, 2023) delivery.

1) when should i place the order?
2) what pricing should i expect?

i am in the sf bay area.
Get in line now to get an allocation which could take months in itself. You can pay a deposit but until you have an allocation you can't calculate when your car might arrive.

I paid a deposit last Sep for this Nov delivery and still don't have an allocation. It won't happen this year.

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
I know it's not the U.S., but I'd heard similarly long waits in other countries, such as the UK, for the GTS Sport Turismo, yet a week ago I placed an order for one and it's due in June '23.

mdrobc1213

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, Taycan CT4, 992 Carrera,
Country flag
Very limited allocations for a majority of the Taycans now and GTS ST and CT are especially difficult to get. Porsche has shifted allocations from the US to other countries and yes UK and Europe are seeing shorter times to get these specific cars now. Asked my SA about 2 mos ago and have been in regular contact just in case one pops up but his latest intel is nothing much is going to be available for the rest of the year in those two models....much like the current wait for a new 992 allocation buyers are looking at 12-24 mos likely is the common word. :(

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Very limited allocations for a majority of the Taycans now and GTS ST and CT are especially difficult to get. Porsche has shifted allocations from the US to other countries and yes UK and Europe are seeing shorter times to get these specific cars now. Asked my SA about 2 mos ago and have been in regular contact just in case one pops up but his latest intel is nothing much is going to be available for the rest of the year in those two models....much like the current wait for a new 992 allocation buyers are looking at 12-24 mos likely is the common word. :(
This could be linked to the only growth market Porsche is enjoying through 2022: Europe.

Double-digit drops in sales in their two biggest markets through H1 2022: China and USA.

They therefore prioritise where the business is coming from to keep shareholders happy. I am anticipating Porsche will begin rushing through allocations in UK/Europe, where customers have been waiting a long time with no news from dealers on firm allocation dates.

They don't want customers cancelling in their only growth market.

mdrobc1213

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, Taycan CT4, 992 Carrera,
Country flag
This could be linked to the only growth market Porsche is enjoying through 2022: Europe.

Double-digit drops in sales in their two biggest markets through H1 2022: China and USA.

They therefore prioritise where the business is coming from to keep shareholders happy. I am anticipating Porsche will begin rushing through allocations in UK/Europe, where customers have been waiting a long time with no news from dealers on firm allocation dates.

They don't want customers cancelling in their only growth market.
No doubt it is happening...the end result over in the US is no cars for customers for off the lot buys which is what the model has been for 20+ years I've been buying cars and allocations 1-2 yrs away for others....that is a BIG adjustment to US customers and thus folks are unhappy.

Bresdo1962

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Think I must of been super lucky in getting my GTS...I would check dealerships in the middle of nowhere because they may have an allocation or used it to build something for sale. I test drove a RWD used with 4k miles...and the salesman told me he had a build coming in end of July...just needed to put a deposit. So basically got mine in about 6 weeks.

Deleted member 7736

will pricing need to be finalized at order time?
My personal experience was that my price was whatever MSRP was for the config I came up with. I placed my order in 2021. By the time I got my allocation and production started, the factory was producing 2022 models, and my pricing was adjusted to reflect MY 2022 pricing.

If I was placing an order right now, I would simply agree to how much (if anything) over MSRP I would pay. the actual price will likely change when the factory transitions over to the 2023 models. I believe a ~$2,400 price increase to the base price has already been announced for MY2023.

minstril

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
I'm also in the bay area, and started looking for a Taycan around the end of May. Managed to get my name on a GTS allocation that was just about to freeze by calling beyond just my local area. I don't know the full story, maybe someone had placed the order and backed out? In any case my timing was good, and the car is currently in production to my spec. I imagine there's not a lot of similar opportunities left, but it might not be hopeless if you check around. If you want one in a timely fashion you're probably going to need to settle for some dealer-spec'd car that's coming in. There's always a few of those scattered around the country.
Sponsored