alinnell

First Name
Allison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan/2017 718 Boxster S/2019 Acura RDX
Country flag
We recently had an OTA update to our infotainment center and it's glitchy.
In the past, what ever thing you were listening to would start playing when you started the car.
Now it goes back to the first song on the playlist AND it won't let you fast forward past it. So if you have a lot of errands and are constantly turning off the car and restarting it, you have to listen to the same song over and over.
Has anyone else experienced this? If so, is there some fix?
Sponsored

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan CT4s + 2023 Rivian R1T
Country flag
Allison:

The 11 or 12 infotainment updates installed this morning for me on my '21 4s while I drove back from the nearby Electrify America station after charging up. Ever since the WM5/WM7 updates occured, the Sirius XM radio has been a little wonky, but after today's update it completely reset my settings. I will have to input put my Favorites again, since those were wiped out by the update as well.

I am no stranger to multiple brands of electric cars, so I get the wonkiness of over the air updates, but how hard hard can it be?

Porsche Taycan OTA update to the infotainment center Unknown

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Allison:

The 11 or 12 infotainment updates installed this morning for me on my '21 4s while I drove back from the nearby Electrify America station after charging up. Ever since the WM5/WM7 updates occured, the Sirius XM radio has been a little wonky, but after today's update it completely reset my settings. I will have to input put my Favorites again, since those were wiped out by the update as well.

I am no stranger to multiple brands of electric cars, so I get the wonkiness of over the air updates, but how hard hard can it be?

Unknown.jpeg
it could be user error

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan CT4s + 2023 Rivian R1T
Country flag
it could be user error

Kort, It most certainly could be. With this car, who the hell knows. After all the miles and time I have logged in with the car over the past 14 months, you learn to enjoy the ride and hope you don't get an electrical failure too far from a Porsche dealership. Now that Porsche is expanding what over the air updates it pushes it will be interesting to see how the car reacts post update. This infotainment update wipes settings, so we know that moving forward.

There is probably a good joke somewhere about the Infotainment unit being more complex to figure out than how to use Electrify America, but it is probably left unsaid.
Sponsored