Ajes

First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Highl. Hybrid, Civic HB, Taycan 4s order
Country flag
My Neptune Blue getting paint correction (yea it REALLY needed it) PPF and ceramic.

Looks very nice. Love the color. Roughly how much does it cost for the PPF and ceramic. Just trying to get an idea for budgeting purposes. Thanks

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
PPF was about $2k and the ceramic another $600
I’m not sure how what I got differs from yours, but you can spend a LOT more than that on PPF and ceramic. Expel Ultimate full body wrap for my car was about $7000, and then ceramic pro platinum ceramic was another $2500.

RCorsa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TTS, F8, Urus S , Raptor R, X5, Tesla M3P
Country flag
Yah I get a good deal for this stuff as I bring 2 cars a year to this shop plus endless referrals. Also my cost was just form the entire front end rocker panels and a pillars. I’ve done a few full cars for around 6k. That price for ceramic is a
A bit outrageous I will say. I don’t think I’ve ever paid more than $1200.

Guy A

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, BMW X7
Country flag
Hey guys,

Can someone tell me what the main reason for using PPF and Ceramic on a car? Is it mainly protection?? Is there any reason it's needed more on the Neptune Blue color than on any other color?

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Can someone tell me what the main reason for using PPF and Ceramic on a car? Is it mainly protection?? Is there any reason it's needed more on the Neptune Blue color than on any other color?
Not really answering your question, but note that there is also PPS to choose from (plastic protective spray), according to some posts from European forum members. Also, some PPF manufacturers do, and others don't, recommend ceramic coat on top of their PPF. For example, STEK DynoShield is engineered such there is no point to ceramic coating their PPF, whereas everyone who gets Xpel PPF seems to get it ceramic coated.

SteveDC

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 308QV
Country flag
I’m not sure how what I got differs from yours, but you can spend a LOT more than that on PPF and ceramic. Expel Ultimate full body wrap for my car was about $7000, and then ceramic pro platinum ceramic was another $2500.
Same here: 7K for full body Xpel wrap from authorized installer in Virginia. I didn’t wrap my 911 and paid the price.
Sponsored