whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Kyle Connor has a GTS on order.
I know I've heard him say he'd had a Taycan on order for as long as I was looking for mine (which was before GTS was even announced, actually he says in this video his order went in before PTS was available, so even before). Porsche had been building GTS'es like gangbusters, with a bunch of them sitting on dealer lots at or below MSRP, how come he hasn't picked up his yet? You'd think being in a the car scene he would have looked around, I remember there being a GTS or two allocation posted as available on threads here. I am not a youtuber and manager to find and get delivered a CT Turbo (only 20 months initial deposit to delivery), which is probably the rarest of the Taycan Trims made for US market.

Or did he already take delivery of the 4S Taycan already and is waiting for GTS as his second one (sorry, while I have seen some of his videos, I don't keep track religiously)?
Sponsored

Last edited:

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I dunno. It doesn’t really resonate with me, there was a lot of talking and not so much substance.
they could have done it in 5mins. Maybe I’m not the target audience as I’m not patient enough for 2 genZ’s babbling along for an hour. I didn’t even make it to pulling the cover, that was already after fast forwarding the chitchat on the parking lot. . I’m more a ”give me the answer first and when interested I stay on”
I’ll refrain from making personal comments, but I don’t disagree with some of the previous ones made.
Hmm... you might be dating yourself when you call a 29m35s video an hour long. At at age when the time flies 100% faster (or it takes you an hour to watch a half hour video, due to mandatory bathroom breaks)? :CWL:

Last edited:

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You are all missing the elephant in the room!
In the video he released before this one he announces they have been 'dating for months' but they prefer to keep their relationship private. The irony of this contradiction seemed entirely lost on them.

He was making videos with his last Mrs in the cold snap in Colorado only a few weeks ago?
I feel 'dating' is a euphemism in this context.

I like the spec and love Neptune Blue.
The big thing missing is Air Suspension.
2.5 tonne, 5000lb EVs need Air Suspension.
According to this video, she is moving back to California, so obviously noting long term. Who cares which girlfriend of his he makes a car video with? Single people are allowed to date. If you have a requirement of watching car videos from married creators, find some of those.

OP
OP

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Or did he already take delivery of the 4S Taycan already and is waiting for GTS as his second one (sorry, while I have seen some of his videos, I don't keep track religiously)?
Kyle has been a Taycan fan for a long time. Couple of times I've heard him mention he was getting a Taycan. His video above was first time I heard him mention GTS model.

Forum members wanting an easy method to keep up-to-date on all things Kyle should follow Kyle's twitter account. ;)
<ducks & takes cover>

xyeahtony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Integra 6MT, 23 CT4S
Country flag
I know I've heard him say he'd had a Taycan on order for as long as I was looking for mine (which was before GTS was even announced, actually he says in this video his order went in before PTS was available, so even before). Porsche had been building GTS'es like gangbusters, with a bunch of them sitting on dealer lots at or below MSRP, how come he hasn't picked up his yet?
His is definitely a custom order. He mentioned in the video that its a PTS color (probably the delay). I didn't catch what color but he did mention it. He probably feels no rush to get his taycan ASAP since car companies throw new cars at him all the time to test. (he just did an ioniq 6 review)

Hmm... you might be dating yourself when you call a 29m35s video an hour long. At at age when the time flies 100% faster (or it takes you an hour to watch a half hour video, due to mandatory bathroom breaks)? :CWL:
I've noticed the majority of people flaming on him are all older men, which comes back to a recurring theme in life. Old "money" looks down on "new" money. Dismissing someone because of their age makes one look petty. comments like "millennial or genZ" dont further the conversation. But it makes it clear that "oh how dare these people decades younger than me afford something that i couldn't at their age"

It was a long video, but its about a delivery experience. Has anyone here ever bought a porsche in less than an hour? It's not exactly a quick process, and some people appreciate the experience.

According to this video, she is moving back to California, so obviously noting long term. Who cares which girlfriend of his he makes a car video with? Single people are allowed to date. If you have a requirement of watching car videos from married creators, find some of those.
Precisely! Its a car channel, the obsession with who he's dating is just weird. People focus on that just to dismiss the content of the video. As its been mentioned, if people don't like the video then who cares move on.

I dont even have any stake in this, i couldn't care less if people like this video or not. i just find it extremely fascinating and hilarious that a seemingly innocuous video about somebody's experience buying a Taycan has elicited such strong feelings from boomers.

Last edited:

annieland

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S, '20 Stinger, '16 Pilot
Country flag
I keep going back and forth between, "Ok, I gotta see this video everyone keeps arguing about" and "OMG just keep me away from YouTube I can never sit through that crap."

🤔

TYKHAAAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Ram 2500, Kia EV9
I gave up watching OutOfSpec because he would condescend his girlfriend endlessly on camera.
I like his EV content but i noticed that too. My wife would have slapped the taste out of my mouth and left me if i acted like he did sometimes towards her. Not my place to tell him how to act ( I almost commented on one of his videos about that but decided against it), but i did notice it.

OP
OP

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I keep going back and forth between, "Ok, I gotta see this video everyone keeps arguing about" and "OMG just keep me away from YouTube I can never sit through that crap."

🤔
Watch the video. :like:

dtich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan GTS;'12 Model S(sold); Aprilia; Triumph
Country flag
I can’t watch his videos. Just feels like he takes a loooong time to make any points. I appreciate his knowledge and experience but a cliffnotes version would be helpful!
yes, he isn't really 'making' a video as turning a camera on and letting us all watch some slices of his day lol.

annieland

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Watch the video. :like:
Ok, OP Live was over, so I tried. I lasted a minute and 7 seconds. This doesn't start like a car video at all... it's got another kind of vibe. And I didn't expect her to have an American accent.

Ugh, maybe I'll try again...
Edit: Guess I didn't give it long enough. She doesn't have an American accent.

Update: I don't know what she sounds like, must be some western thing. I like those chill British car videos better. They're soothing yet informative. This was just watching someone's girlfriend get a new car.

Don't mind me, I'm just old. Back to QVC and my true crime channels :D

Last edited:

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think this video was supposed to be a light hearted "A used base Taycan as an alternative to a new Model 3 Performance, for less than 50% price premium." Show someone who made this choice and their satisfaction with it. In other words, it was intended for people who are thinking about buying a M3P, not so much people who already decided to (or already bought) a Taycan. Who cares what the person who was featured in this video looks like, what their gender or race is, or who they are or are not dating? The video did not go into who is dating whom. Sure, it could have been more packed with M3P vs. Taycan comparisons, but perhaps it was only meant to get potential M3P buyers to consider alternatives, then do the comparison for themselves?

Last edited:

annieland

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just for the record, I’m not knocking anyone personally at all, or even the videos. I was just curious. I think it’s really wild how we’ve all been drawn to the Taycan through such a diverse variety of venues, and probably targeted at just as many different demographics. I think it says a LOT about what Porsche has here with this car.

Know where I discovered it? Freaken Edmunds. Never even saw one on the road. Doing my annual “I wonder if there’s any new SUV’s better than my aging Honda Pilot out there…”. I had been looking at a new Acura MDX for a while in this special purple edition but it only comes in black leather interior and I don’t do black leather (anymore). A 911 was always my childhood dream, but I knew it was too much car for me. My driving wouldn’t use it to its potential. And then a Taycan CT in Frozen Berry pops up as I’m looking at other luxury SUVs and wagons, and you could hear the silent brakes screeching in my head. Then I saw the sedan. After digging deeper I’m like, this is ELECTRIC?? Where have I been?? I was obsessed and finally after a few weeks got the courage to tell my husband, “I found my car… don’t get mad.”

First there was a bit of an “Uh oh, now what does she want” look from him… then I showed him and he said, “Oh a Taycan? Cool!” I said, “You like it?” He said, “Sure! And it doesn’t suck!” I think he was afraid it was gonna be a Tesla (no offense) or something he knew had a bad rep, as he keeps up with the car world MUCH more than I do. He told me to get on the list, but it took me nearly a year to get the confidence to just do it.

I love the community of Taycan owners as we’re all so diverse and we’re coming to this car because we all have a different appreciation of it, whether it be the EV enthusiasts, Porsche dreamers, experienced motor sportsmen, family truckers, etc. So I think these videos are great to bring the younger set to the brand! Ok, I’ll shut up already. Gonna take my 18 yr old for his first quick ride before he goes back to school… 😍

DCYL725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
We got the car without any of these videos or reviews.

Didn't even test-drive it.

Heck, we were still pronouncing the car Taye-Can at the time.

That's how far we are down the Porsche rabbit hole.
Sponsored