Mmcdonough

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tycan
Country flag
I revived my Taycan 6 weeks ago in Utah. First let me say it is better than I dreamed of. It is right in every way!! I made a decision to drive from Salt Lake Cit to Orange County CA I offer the following for you would be road trippers.

1. The cars route charge assist is spot on trust it.
2. Download all charge apps you can find.
3. Electrify America fast charge stations are great. Make sure you use the app to start the charge and not the card swipe on the station. (They are finicky )
4. Be prepared for about a 30-40 min charge time this includes getting things hooked up and unhooked.
5. The charger door on the car can be touchy to open and can cause frustration and I have not found a way to open it without the touch sensor under the charge port door.
6. 250 miles at 80 MPH is the max.
7 try to recharge above 22% it appears to reduce charge time.
8.. enjoy the car it’s great!!!

Porsche Taycan Owner’s Notes and Tips From 800 Mile Road Trip in Taycan Turbo S 0C799255-C884-427C-944D-9265F483A09F
Sponsored

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
More pictures please, Michael :)!

glennkreisel

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Tesla Roadster, taycan turbo
Country flag
I revived my Taycan 6 weeks ago in Utah. First let me say it is better than I dreamed of. It is right in every way!! I made a decision to drive from Salt Lake Cit to Orange County CA I offer the following for you would be road trippers.

1. The cars route charge assist is spot on trust it.
2. Download all charge apps you can find.
3. Electrify America fast charge stations are great. Make sure you use the app to start the charge and not the card swipe on the station. (They are finicky )
4. Be prepared for about a 30-40 min charge time this includes getting things hooked up and unhooked.
5. The charger door on the car can be touchy to open and can cause frustration and I have not found a way to open it without the touch sensor under the charge port door.
8.. enjoy the car it’s great!!!

0C799255-C884-427C-944D-9265F483A09F.jpeg
These are the best reviews! My turbo was just entering the factory when the shutdown happened. I’ve gone back and forth on canceling. Good to see practical reviews in the USA. Thank you

OP
OP

Mmcdonough

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tycan
Country flag
These are the best reviews! My turbo was just entering the factory when the shutdown happened. I’ve gone back and forth on canceling. Good to see practical reviews in the USA. Thank you
If it’s not a cash issue don’t can le it’s a awesome car..

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
@Mmcdonough love your report.

Per your commitment
I suggest you use the center council control. The same screen where you can open the frunk and trunk.
I suggest you download the "Good to Know" Porsche app from the appropriate App store. It's available for USA I know.

Porsche Taycan Owner’s Notes and Tips From 800 Mile Road Trip in Taycan Turbo S Screenshot_20200412-143905

OP
OP

Mmcdonough

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tycan
Country flag
Thanks so much good to know.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Great info about the electrify america charge stations. How much quicker if you charge at 20%? Were they all functional and easy to use? Not familiar with app vs card, but do you get free charge?

OP
OP

Mmcdonough

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tycan
Country flag
Great info about the electrify america charge stations. How much quicker if you charge at 20%? Were they all functional and easy to use? Not familiar with app vs card, but do you get free charge?
They work great if you use the app to start the charge. They have a service department 24/7 and they know their stuff. Lastly to get the free charge you need to register your can with the and Porsche.

OP
OP

Mmcdonough

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tycan
Country flag
As for faster it seams to how way quick from 22%to 85 in like 15 min on a 250w quick charger and 85 to get 100 in about another 15. In addition from 10 to 22 was painful slow

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
As for faster it seams to how way quick from 22%to 85 in like 15 min on a 250w quick charger and 85 to get 100 in about another 15. In addition from 10 to 22 was painful slow
I think that your battery was cold if it was slow at 10%.
You can display the battery temperature on the curved display right hand side. It's an option for that list of details in the summary view. For faster charging you want 86 to 95 degrees F.
You may want to look at a thread I created in December.
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/optimal-taycan-charging.720/
This is from Porsche.com
Porsche Taycan Owner’s Notes and Tips From 800 Mile Road Trip in Taycan Turbo S Screenshot_20200412-211924

Vertical

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, many other P-cars
Country flag
How did you get the Electrify America app setup? There does't seem to be a "Porsche" option under the Premium offers. The one time I tried charging there by swiping I couldn't get any pumps to work. Great info!

OP
OP

Mmcdonough

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tycan
Country flag
How did you get the Electrify America app setup? There does't seem to be a "Porsche" option under the Premium offers. The one time I tried charging there by swiping I couldn't get any pumps to work. Great info!
Great question!! I downloaded the app and got it all set up. Than I had to call the Porsche Connect folks who tied my call to electrify America to get the rebate for the cost of the charge that hits your cc. When using their stations I only use the app to launch the charge as the machines are finicky
Sponsored