HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
Translation from 3:28: "I have charged 59kwH. [...]. I have here 230 really drivable Autobahn kilometers, in winterlike driving mode, we have driven at 150km/h, recharged in a quarter of an hour. Well, dear Porsche drivers: Buy, is what I say, buy. This is really bitchin'."
Sponsored

JacobDK

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Second Part: Charging Speed (717 km (446 miles) range per hour, 21 min from 0-80%):

wow cool follow up and nice to se the gazoline stations getting in the game (super fast charging).

tool a screendump of the charge.

Shows quite an impressive charge time from 1-50% - no need to wait for the rest of the charge - just go another 150-200 km and charge again to 50% keeping standstill time low ;)

Porsche Taycan Owner Discusses Taycan Range, Battery Longevity, Charging and Related Concerns 271EB029-8AFF-40B2-B044-CC361A90B997

OP
OP

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Hi everyone:

Wanted to post a caution/update. My Taycan has been in storage for around 8 weeks now (I know, I know). I had set the minimum profile charge to 40% and had it plugged into the mobile fancy charger. I had noticed over the last week of so (I monitor it remotely) that the charge had crept down to 38, didn't think much of it. I had a friend go check out my other electric cars and the i8 needed a top up. So I had him plug in the porsche charge. And after 5 minutes the car was still not charging. Then I remember the "smart" Porsche charger seems to get confused sometimes and no longer connects. Indeed it was stuck at "connecting" (it has done the same with the Taycan before). So I had him unplug and replug the mobile charger. And it started working again.

Moral of the story? If you get the charger and it doesn't work, power cycle. If you plug it in for a long while without anyone checking you COULD run into an issue. I almost had my friend use my dumb 6 KW charger, but decided to continue using the Porsche one to see when/if it does it again. And it is set to update its firmware and it was fully updated when I left.

So just a friendly warning. This will need to be fixed.
Sponsored