Paint Correction and Ceramic Coating Cost??

mgr1047

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Hey all,

I took delivery of my Taycan this week and I'm contemplating doing a paint correction and ceramic coating procedure. I was referred to a guy that is quoting me $1300 for entire car, rims including pano roof and all glass. I've never had this done before, can anyone comment on if this is par for industry?

Thanks.
Sponsored

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
Sounds about right.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
That’s probably not real paint correction, just prep and coating, assuming they’re using a top name permanent coating. True paint correction, if needed, can be far more time consuming and costly.

evn00b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S, '14 Lexus IS, '22 Hyundai Palisade
Country flag
Sounds about right based on quotes from reputed shops here in CA.

mokre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s
Country flag
This is a little less than I was quoted for the same at protective film solutions in California, so it seems about right. For me the quote included a light correction of areas not already ppf'ed, and ceramic coating exterior surfaces, including the glass and trim plastics.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Btw OP, aside from the fact that significant paint correction alone can cost more than that, it’s impossible to really comment on the quote without knowing exactly what coating they intend to apply. They’re not all equal, even within specific brands.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
FWIW I would do PPF instead of just coating the paint. You'll thank me after some time/mileage when you paint has zero chips. After ~3000 miles the Taycan PPF (Xpel) has divots/damage in the following areas:

- front bumper lower edge & sides
- rear door hip areas (both)
- hood
- R fender (1 small mark)
- windshield film has multiple chips (STEK film)
- Pano roof glass (small chip - not protected)

It's a jungle out there and vehicles are exposed to flying debris all the time. I even had damage to doors on a 970 Panamera years ago. It's a matter of when not if. No way I would own a car without PPF especially when they are $100K+ (exception: DeLorean)

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Depends on where you live. I have similar mileage on my 4S and more on my GT4, and not a single nick anywhere on either car. I never PPF my cars and I’ve never had any issues with damage or on resale.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Depends on where you live. I have similar mileage on my 4S and more on my GT4, and not a single nick anywhere on either car. I never PPF my cars and I’ve never had any issues with damage or on resale.
Do the flashlight test. Guaranteed damage - albeit small.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
What is the flashlight test.
In darker light or garage shine a paint light on the panels to expose damage. Works well for lighter colored vehicles. Some of the damage in my cars' PPF is minor where the divots and sandblast-effect spots are more noticeable. Plastic side skirts on the Taycan already have some "sandblasted" areas at the rear hips.

This test works well with glass as well but most can see the "sparkles" in their windshields when the sun is shining directly on it. All those little spots are in the paint as well.

OP
OP
mgr1047

mgr1047

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
In darker light or garage shine a paint light on the panels to expose damage. Works well for lighter colored vehicles. Some of the damage in my cars' PPF is minor where the divots and sandblast-effect spots are more noticeable. Plastic side skirts on the Taycan already have some "sandblasted" areas at the rear hips.

This test works well with glass as well but most can see the "sparkles" in their windshields when the sun is shining directly on it. All those little spots are in the paint as well.
That's some serious inspection my man. Cudos.

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
All cars, especially Porches need decontamination, paint correction, right off the vessel.
Proper paint correction is required before ceramic coating. The pricing is also based on how many layers of CC are used. You need to get all the specifics to understand the pricing better

@XLR82XS is correct as usual.

f10tt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan, 2022 Cayenne, 2021 Bronco
Country flag
That seems about right for a top line coating, albeit their correction is just a decon and polish.

Our Bronco had significant damage to the paint from the dealership and was a two step correction that would have been close to $1000 on it's own.