Paint wearing off from door seals!

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
I noticed today when cleaning the car that there are a couple of areas where the paint is wearing due to the micro movement of the doors seals against the door aperture. The first area I noticed is inside the rear door seal, just inside the lip of the door aperture for about a 300mm length. The second area is inside the front door, at the top there is a small rubber block and this is wearing the paint too. It’s not bad yet (2000miles) but I can see it only getting worse as more miles pile on. I gave the seals a good clean to remove any dirt which is only going to speed up the wear.

i would be interested to hear if anyone else has the same issue? Its probably more noticeable on darker colour cars.

I remember my Macan use to have some ppf in the same area to prevent this; it looks like the Taycan needs the same....
Sponsored

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
I noticed today when cleaning the car that there are a couple of areas where the paint is wearing due to the micro movement of the doors seals against the door aperture. The first area I noticed is inside the rear door seal, just inside the lip of the door aperture for about a 300mm length. The second area is inside the front door, at the top there is a small rubber block and this is wearing the paint too. It’s not bad yet (2000miles) but I can see it only getting worse as more miles pile on. I gave the seals a good clean to remove any dirt which is only going to speed up the wear.

i would be interested to hear if anyone else has the same issue? Its probably more noticeable on darker colour cars.

I remember my Macan use to have some ppf in the same area to prevent this; it looks like the Taycan needs the same....
Do you have any pictures to show how it looks/how bad it is? Its worth raising with Porsche anyway as it could be any number of things from alignment to the seals etc etc.