Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
From the article:

Call it the Covid-19 carpe diem effect.

“I was asking my clients why,” Winkelmann said. “They told me: ‘We had more time to think about our future and what is happening next, we were deciding where to put our money, and—well, why not?’ ”

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/pandemic-creating-postwar-boom-luxury-050003688.html
I work in the space. Luxury auto market - especially the exotic auto market, is performing extremely well and has throughout the pandemic surprisingly. Even on the Porsche side - just take a look at the 911's, there are no 2021 allocations left - many are paying MSRP or over.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
I work in the space. Luxury auto market - especially the exotic auto market, is performing extremely well and has throughout the pandemic surprisingly. Even on the Porsche side - just take a look at the 911's, there are no 2021 allocations left - many are paying MSRP or over.
as per a conversation with my sales person while having the car looked at, they are selling the cars as they come in. another data point is real estate in my area which is on the upscale side and the inventory of homes for sale is almost nil, and what does hit the market is moving incredibly fast. I sold one of my townhomes to people from NYC sight unseen.
IMHO the high end of the market is not being terribly affected by the covid issues.
Sponsored