First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Tesla Roadster, taycan turbo
Country flag
Hello All,
My Taycan Turbo optioned out might (pls pls) be coming not sure if it got in before the shutdown. Was close within days on the VCode list status.
But I was wondering. I've only owned Teslas. Waited til 2010 (42 yrs old) to get my driver's license for the Roadster 2.0, then the Model S, now the Taycan.
I assume the panel gap is very rare? They must inspect all that in the factory correct?
And at delivery I assume you all look over those details closely and just refuse delivery if there are issues?
Or what are all your experiences with the Taycan and other Porsche models?
Thank you!
Sponsored

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Do not worry! In my experience that has never happened. I have no idea where the information about panel gaps would come from. Porsche would never release a car with panel gaps. And if you should see any just refuse to take the car.

OP
OP

glennkreisel

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Do not worry! In my experience that has never happened. I have no idea where the information about panel gaps would come from. Porsche would never release a car with panel gaps. And if you should see any just refuse to take the car.
Nice to hear thank you

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
even if for some reason it did leave the factory with these sorts of issues your dealership certainly wouldn’t release it to you in that condition

Jdqt458

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Coupe
Country flag
even if for some reason it did leave the factory with these sorts of issues your dealership certainly wouldn’t release it to you in that condition
Numerous Porsche purchased over the years — never a problem — would be rejected far before delivery.
Now Maclean — that’s another story !!

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
Numerous Porsche purchased over the years — never a problem — would be rejected far before delivery.
Now Maclean — that’s another story !!
mclaren are getting a bad reputation at the moment!

my business partner bought a new 570 3-4yrs ago and the brakes failed within a week!
Same thing happened with his DB11 too !

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag

Jenner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
25? Tesla Roadster/22 Tesla MYP/21 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I hope you’re right but why are you so sure the video is faked?
Where did I say it was faked? I was just citing why the OP is posting about panel gaps.

One EV site made a big deal of it and suddenly its big news like Porsche would suddenly throw away years of perfection on ICE with their first EV.

Anyone who has owned Porsche's before knows the insane build quality. This is just NOT a thing anyone should be worried about and unlike Tesla if there is an issue Porsche would make it right.

I have no way to prove if its real or fake nor do I care to. A photograph or video can be taken at certain angles to exaggerate things, or edited/photoshopped. Or the car could have been damaged or in an accident or the door could simply not be closed all the way or a towel stuck in the latch etc. I trust Porsche way more than I trust a click bait article like that.

Last edited:

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I assume the panel gap is very rare?
Of your 6 posts here, 4 are about panel gaps. You seem very fixated on this. Since you own Teslas, you should be probably more accepting of panel gaps and Porsche by comparison will be less than nothing.

BTW, what do you mean by you got your drivers license for the Roadster 2.0, then the Model S?? The Roadster 2.0 has not come out yet and probably won't for another 2 years. How did you get one, then a Model S after that?

OP
OP

glennkreisel

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Of your 6 posts here, 4 are about panel gaps. You seem very fixated on this. Since you own Teslas, you should be probably more accepting of panel gaps and Porsche by comparison will be less than nothing.

BTW, what do you mean by you got your drivers license for the Roadster 2.0, then the Model S?? The Roadster 2.0 has not come out yet and probably won't for another 2 years. How did you get one, then a Model S after that?
Yeah the Roadster versions are 1.0, 2.0, 2.5 stopped production in 2012
1.0 pretty rough really made with parts from radio shack, drivetrain proof of concept.
2.0 and 2.5 much better interior.
Yeah I was 42 when I got my first drivers license (52 yrs old now)
I doubt they are calling the new one 2.0??? maybe 3.0??

OP
OP

glennkreisel

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Jenner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
25? Tesla Roadster/22 Tesla MYP/21 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I looked on tesla's web site and I didn't see 2.0 anywhere. Maybe that was a reference the author made up because of no prior knowledge of the existing roadster versions
I guess these other authors must have copied his made up reference:
https://drivetribe.com/p/cg-tesla-r...0G0_TQqV0RhqR_pcbg?iid=UdJ7WzLFTHSQsvVdL6OANA

https://enrg.io/tesla-roadster-2-0-will-amaze-astound/

https://insideevs.com/news/337666/will-tesla-roadster-20-have-new-advanced-battery/

https://blog.dupontregistry.com/the...ter-2-0-now-for-sale-in-118-scale-model-form/

Go to Google, type in "Roadster 2.0" it comes up numerous times as the latest/faster version not the old "lotus" based ones.

OP
OP

glennkreisel

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Did you see anything on the tesla site?
Whatevs, people will call it whatever they want.. :-D The new roadster is what I call it :-D
All good.. Last comment I will make on the topic :-D
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.