ThomasDK

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW I3
Country flag
Try to watch the video, everything is so wrong. Really a Tesla fan boy. Tesla wins in everything, even handling so fake
Sponsored

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
Yeah the Roadster versions are 1.0, 2.0, 2.5 stopped production in 2012
Even with the first vehicle having iterations, the upcoming Roadster has been touted as the 'second generation' or '2.0' by many publications. I doubt many people are aware of first model iterations. I wasn't.

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
Wow this is infected, and bizarre.

First. The panel gap on the Taycan in the video and image is a partially open door. Remember the car has frameless windows. They always push to the finished frame before the door aligned so as to keep proper closing pressure when closed.

Second. Yes the “first” generation roadster was divided into three versions. 1.5, 2 and 2,5 and the 2,5 also had a sports version

Thirdly The coming roadster is denominated roadster 2020 and does not have another name from Tesla.

:)

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes, @Jenner and @Reg It does appear the whole V2 thing is made up by people outside Tesla and maintained quite well to distinguish it from the Lotus-mobile. The Tesla web site only says "Tesla Roadster" as if no other one even existed.

What I found interesting was that there were still Founders Series Reservations available, with only 1,000 available since its debut in 11/16/2017. Surprised those have not all been snatched up. :rolleyes:
Only $5k immediately, $245K within 10 days. Seems Tesla needs significantly more front money than "legacy car makers". :cool:
Porsche Taycan Panel Gaps.. questions..new to porsche 1585069262400

I want to apologise, I am going on a tangent. Discussion was on Taycan panel gaps, I too would not accept the car with any significant gaps. And I agree that the postings of gaps such far have been by Tesla fanboys and some trade magazines like InsideEVs that simply link to the YouTube video or tweet. We will hear the truth from owners.

Last edited:

LonePalmBJ

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S Gentian Blue Metallic, Black/Chalk,
Country flag
I looked on tesla's web site and I didn't see 2.0 anywhere. Maybe that was a reference the author made up because of no prior knowledge of the existing roadster versions.
I've followed the Tesla Roadster closely since it was first available in 2008. Glennkreisel and others are correct; the original Roadster that predated the Model S went through several iterations variously known as Roadster 1.0 (retroactively), 1.5, 2.0 and 2.5. You can learn more here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tesla_Roadster_(2008)

The new vehicle which Tesla has announced, also called the Roadster, launching this year or next shares nothing but the name with the original Roadster. There is no "3.0" or other numeric designation.

On a side note, it really bothers be that Tesla is calling this new vehicle a "Roadster" even though although it is a 2+2 coupe and not actually a two seat convertible. Then again, I'm buying an all-electric "Taycan Turbo", so I guess I should keep my pedantic mouth shut :lipssealed:

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
On a side note, it really bothers be that Tesla is calling this new vehicle a "Roadster" even though although it is a 2+2 coupe and not actually a two seat convertible. Then again, I'm buying an all-electric "Taycan Turbo", so I guess I should keep my pedantic mouth shut :lipssealed:
it is not a coupe but as much a roadster as the first one since it has a targa roof but this time it’s not in canvas it’s in carbon fiber and can be stowed ........ somewhere... :)

Eisbärenhöhle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
... clearly too many of them
Country flag
This gap discussion is absolutely BS ... on my Taycan all is perfect (and on all other Taycans I ever saw as well) ... and on every other Porsche I owned all gaps were perfect as well.

We Germans cannot do Airports it seems ... but with gaps we are great ;-)

Last edited:

domin1720

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 macan gts
Country flag
This gap discussion is absolutely BS ... on my Taycan all is perfect (and on all other Taycans I ever saw as well) ... and on every other Porsche I owned all gaps were perfect as well.

We Germans cannot do Airports it seems ... but with gaps we are great ;-)
My huge panel gaps, visible only when getting windows tinted :)

Porsche Taycan Panel Gaps.. questions..new to porsche IMG_0921-1

Porsche Taycan Panel Gaps.. questions..new to porsche IMG_0922

Porsche Taycan Panel Gaps.. questions..new to porsche IMG_0924

Gliner

First Name
Jean-Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I own a taycan accepted at delivery with reserves .....I think it is an assembly line problem
and now Porsche is not dealing the problem as it should. Where is the customer?
no quality control,no care for the customer

Gliner

First Name
Jean-Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I will try to send photos it is alike the blue one

domin1720

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 macan gts
Country flag
I own a taycan accepted at delivery with reserves .....I think it is an assembly line problem
a lot to say for a new member of 26 minutes, love the pics you included

OP
OP

glennkreisel

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Tesla Roadster, taycan turbo
Country flag
Did you not accept it at delivery?

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Well I just this afternoon picked up mine here in France. And I could not have asked for a better service given the Corona safety guards. There was a lot to take in and difficult as it all was touch less etc.

But I certainly can not find any panel gaps that are out of proportion. I will check a bit more tomorrow, but the quality is perfect from what I saw today. I am very surprised that you had such a bad experience.

I will post some pictures when the weather is better again. Tomorrow is forecast for high winds and rain! .?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.