SoWhatNowWhat

First Name
Carlanna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Macan S
Country flag
I was reading on the thread about options that you might not get if you were doing it all over again.
some people mentioned the glass/pano roof.

I live in southern Florida ......hot pretty much year-round here but have always had panoramic type roofs in our vehicles.
that said my current Macan S has a nice little black screen that retracts and it really helps a lot in the summer heat here to have the screen in place.
so I guess it’s a two part question
1 is there such a screen in the Taycan when you order the pano roof ?
2 we did spec the thermally insulated glass, does that include the roof and would that help ?
Sponsored

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
I live in S. Florida as well and just ordered my car with pano roof. There is no screen that I'm aware of but I'm not concerned about the heat since all my vehicles get the ceramic window film treatment - including windshield.

You will see a difference in cabin heat with the thermal glass option - I have it on a 2021 Cayenne GTS.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
there is no screen in the taycan.

having had teslas with pano roofs in FLA I have never had a problem with heat from the pano roof.

the pano roofs are heavily tinted and the porsche pano is very similar to the taycan pano

FLA is hot and cars with metal roofs get hot as well.

one way to battle the heat is to have the windows tinted.

OP
OP
SoWhatNowWhat

SoWhatNowWhat

First Name
Carlanna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Macan S
Country flag
I live in S. Florida as well and just ordered my car with pano roof. There is no screen that I'm aware of but I'm not concerned about the heat since all my vehicles get the ceramic window film treatment - including windshield.

You will see a difference in cabin heat with the thermal glass option - I have it on a 2021 Cayenne GTS.
When I got my Macan I got the ceramic coating done as well as the clear bra I do remember that he did the windshield with the ceramic.
I did not realize that would help with the heat though that’s what you’re saying?
also I’m not so sure the same guy is still in business do you have a recommendation for the film application down in South Florida?

OP
OP
SoWhatNowWhat

SoWhatNowWhat

First Name
Carlanna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Macan S
Country flag
there is no screen in the taycan.

having had teslas with pano roofs in FLA I have never had a problem with heat from the pano roof.

the pano roofs are heavily tinted and the porsche pano is very similar to the taycan pano

FLA is hot and cars with metal roofs get hot as well.

one way to battle the heat is to have the windows tinted.
That’s true the roof is heavily tinted.
in my husbands Mercedes the Pano roof gets very hot, the Taycan
Will mainly be his car but I’m the one who does all the research LOL

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
When I got my Macan I got the ceramic coating done as well as the clear bra I do remember that he did the windshield with the ceramic.
I did not realize that would help with the heat though that’s what you’re saying?
also I’m not so sure the same guy is still in business do you have a recommendation for the film application down in South Florida?
I'm speaking of ceramic window tint film - not paint ceramic coating. I'm blessed to have a PHENOMENAL installer where I live in Naples. If you're in SW region you must go to them for any high-end vehicle.

https://www.naplestintfl.com/

OP
OP
SoWhatNowWhat

SoWhatNowWhat

First Name
Carlanna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Macan S
Country flag
I'm speaking of ceramic window tint film - not paint ceramic coating. I'm blessed to have a PHENOMENAL installer where I live in Naples. If you're in SW region you must go to them for any high-end vehicle.

https://www.naplestintfl.com/
I see, didn’t know that existed (ceramic film)I’m in Southeast Florida so I probably would want to find someone over here.

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
Has anyone with the heads up display used film on the windshield? Does it interfere?

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
I see, didn’t know that existed (ceramic film)I’m in Southeast Florida so I probably would want to find someone over here.
With regard to the original question I have had no problems in the hot Atlanta summer with the pano roof.

Here is a link to a lengthy thread that discusses window tint. To control heat, the infrared rejection properties of the window film are more important than the darkness of the tint.

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/tinting-windows.1698/

hshm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I haven't been through a hot summer with it yet but, if it's anything like Tesla (which I think it is), it's going to be totally fine.

I sat in Taycans with and without the pano roof. I really liked how the pano roof made the interior feel more open and how it brings in natural sunlight—a perk of living in California :cool:

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have it and the sun annoys me. It is not the heat, it is the sun rays on my head/face that I find annoying.
The last two days I drive a Cayenne loaner and I like its solid roof.
If you or your family are the kind of people who prefer to be in the shade instead of direct sun then get a solid roof.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I have it and the sun annoys me. It is not the heat, it is the sun rays on my head/face that I find annoying.
If you or your family are the kind of people who prefer to be in the shade instead of direct sun then get a solid roof.
As is, not recommended in hot climate.

TS-Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 TTS
Country flag
I’m in SC. It’s just starting to get warm up, so I can’t weigh in on the extra cabin heat yet, but the bright sun shining through has me putting on a hat from time to time.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Great thing is the Pano roof on my Cayenne has the power shade - awesome! Wish the Taycan had it.
Sponsored