Pano roof in hot climate Y or N

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I live in Atlanta and chose to go with solid roof instead of pano. Unlike others here with Tesla's, I find the sun in our Model X to be both bright and hot. My wife snaps in a mesh screen over it to cut down. I do find the brightness bothers me more than the heat. What I didn't expect until I got the Taycan last month is that I like the clean lines better without the pano too, but that is just my personal preference.
I agree, the exterior looks so much nicer with the metal roof. My Taycan looks like an old bold guy, which I am NOT!
Sponsored

OP
OP
SoWhatNowWhat

SoWhatNowWhat

First Name
Carlanna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Macan S
Country flag
Nice photo.
If the young man is your son, sell the image to Porsche for the Keep Dreaming revival commercial from 2007, your 2021 version with a Taycan.

I know as a kid I always dreamt of owning a Porsche 911. Fortunate to have gotten it and the Taycan.
Beautiful Taycan yours.
Love The commercial ?

OP
OP
SoWhatNowWhat

SoWhatNowWhat

First Name
Carlanna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Macan S
Country flag
Had my 2020 turbo since last spring. Heat was no more of an issue that in any other non panoramic vehicle that I've owned. However, the constant sun was a little annoying. For that, I had ceramic tint applied to the roof (20% grade), and 40% to the windshield. This definitely muted constant sun on the head/face.
We decided to go ahead with ordering the pano
roof can always add a film if need be.

OP
OP
SoWhatNowWhat

SoWhatNowWhat

First Name
Carlanna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Macan S
Country flag
I live on the Sunshine Coast in Australia which after my travels to Florida, pretty similar weather and I didn’t get the pano roof on my 4s. Having said that though I’ve got young kids so it wasn’t so much about the heat for me but also the extra light in the cabin. I just spent the money on other extras, sport kit, yellow brake callipers, mission e wheels.

we decided to go ahead and order it with the pano roof, it was never about money we just like the look of it.
we did Mission E wheels but with the white calipers.
62E0384B-E81F-4615-AED9-4DD93FC5F5AC.jpeg

B888B

First Name
Abdullah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Turbo
Country flag
I was reading on the thread about options that you might not get if you were doing it all over again.
some people mentioned the glass/pano roof.

I live in southern Florida ......hot pretty much year-round here but have always had panoramic type roofs in our vehicles.
that said my current Macan S has a nice little black screen that retracts and it really helps a lot in the summer heat here to have the screen in place.
so I guess it’s a two part question
1 is there such a screen in the Taycan when you order the pano roof ?
2 we did spec the thermally insulated glass, does that include the roof and would that help ?
I live in Dubai, ordered mine with pano. no worries about it. Any time the sun is over you just stick any suction cup based roller screen i prefer the foil type ratger than a net screen type.

Porsche Taycan Pano roof in hot climate Y or N 6770A860-3125-4B28-A96D-543F4FF5C263

Mouse House

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
New Balance 1500 v6
Country flag
I live in Dubai, ordered mine with pano. no worries about it. Any time the sun is over you just stick any suction cup based roller screen i prefer the foil type ratger than a net screen type.

6770A860-3125-4B28-A96D-543F4FF5C263.jpeg
Having to stick bits of foil all over the inside of your Porsche kind of implies the glass roof isn't ideal for the desert climate.

B888B

First Name
Abdullah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Turbo
Country flag
Having to stick bits of foil all over the inside of your Porsche kind of implies the glass roof isn't ideal for the desert climate.
Yes not ideal for 5% of 24 hours in a day in case during which you leave your office to drive, but if you do, you will feel more comfy with the stick/bits/foil .. "Ideal" is as scarce as martians on earth ?

Luc1

First Name
Luc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Nice photo.
If the young man is your son, sell the image to Porsche for the Keep Dreaming revival commercial from 2007, your 2021 version with a Taycan.

I know as a kid I always dreamt of owning a Porsche 911. Fortunate to have gotten it and the Taycan.
Beautiful Taycan yours.
Haha yeah that’s my son. thanks for sharing, that commercial captures it well. It’s a dream come true for me too. Took me about 30 years and I was just about the same as a kid. Porsche is optimistic on income in that commercial!

Evpower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2022, Bolt 2020
Country flag
I live in Thailand where 40c+ in summer and 30c+ in winter ( with sub 30c around 5-7 days a year) and my Taycan has pano roof.
With all of that humidity who cares about a little sun.

Evpower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2022, Bolt 2020
Country flag
I live in Vegas and so far no problem and we have much stronger sun....

What I did add on aftermarket was the Nano Tech IR Film rejects the UV Rays and can tint the windows. In Nevada you can tint your window pretty dark
For a while, working in the Arizona sun I was going to have my eyeballs tinted.

frankchn

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 TTS, Taycan TTS
Country flag
wait, it's possible to get a Taycan in the US without a glass roof?!
Yup, if you don't spec Premium Package or Option 3FG Fixed Panoramic Roof in Glass, you get a metal roof even on the Turbo S.
Sponsored