Skier

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
... it not only adds weight to the car .. it adds it at the worst possible place ... not good for handling ... do you know that BMW (and others) use Carbon roofs on their performance cars for better handling?
Before the Taycan I had a BMW M5 with Carbon roof and As I'm not a track/donut star I can't appreciate the effect of increase weight up high. I'm sure its measurable but makes NO difference to me. The TT is a dream, yes, even with the extra weight Panorama roof
Sponsored

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
It appears that US customers will not be able to get a Taycan without the glass roof for MY2022, either. But Europeans continue to have the option. Why can't Porsche give Americans the option, also?! This is almost a killer for me as I consider a CT4 vs. a non-Porsche BEV (added to the horrible infotainment lack-of-buttons in the Taycan that the eTron does not suffer from as badly)...

Skier

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
It appears that US customers will not be able to get a Taycan without the glass roof for MY2022, either. But Europeans continue to have the option. Why can't Porsche give Americans the option, also?! This is almost a killer for me as I consider a CT4 vs. a non-Porsche BEV (added to the horrible infotainment lack-of-buttons in the Taycan that the eTron does not suffer from as badly)...
But its not s Taycan...

chenner

First Name
B.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Not sure where you heard that but I have a '22 on order with the metal roof.

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
Not sure where you heard that but I have a '22 on order with the metal roof.
The USA Porsche online configurator (for the public) does not indicate an option to get a metal roof for MY 2022 Cross Turismos. I asked my local dealership sales rep, and he said he knows of no option to get a metal roof for MY 2022 in Taycans, either (I'm talking Cross Turismo here)...
Sponsored