Woodie4s

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
996 C4S bmw i3
Country flag
Finalising my spec. From the inside I think there’s a benefit to the pan roof, but I like the solid roof from outside.

As a driver, do you see the glass roof, or is the main benefit passengers ? 90% of the time I’ll be on my own ( business travel) and kids are grown up and left, so rarely used rear seats.

Could use the money for a wheel upgrade ...,

Still not seen a real life car in the UK, do making choices difficult
Sponsored

MetallicBlue

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Audii Q7
Country flag
Finalising my spec. From the inside I think there’s a benefit to the pan roof, but I like the solid roof from outside.

As a driver, do you see the glass roof, or is the main benefit passengers ? 90% of the time I’ll be on my own ( business travel) and kids are grown up and left, so rarely used rear seats.

Wayne,

I have a pano roof in my Audi and test drove one in a Taycan. It’s a matter of preference, I do like the open “feel”it provides. I used to have a cabriolet so that may have something do do with that. Depending on what you’re trading off it’s worth considering.

domin1720

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 macan gts
Country flag

My dealer is just another guy with an opinion but has been in both. He told me he doesn't think people really realize how "cavelike" it can feel without the pano roof. Again just his opinion but one he felt very strongly about

ceresma

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S90D 2015
Country flag
My dealer is just another guy with an opinion but has been in both. He told me he doesn't think people really realize how "cavelike" it can feel without the pano roof. Again just his opinion but one he felt very strongly about
Is the steel (aluminum) roof available in the US? When I ordered I didn't see an option

Skier

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
The aluminum roof is available for US cars built from June on.
The pano roof is mainly for the rear seat passengers. I'm waiting for my June build with the aluminum roof as when I drove a Turbo with pano roof on a very sunny day I didn't like the feel of the sun on me. The view from the pano roof for the driver is virtually non existent as its mostly behind you. I have a new BMW M5 with a carbon fibre roof (solid) and it suits me well.
So, personal choice...

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag

I do not like the glass roof at all, but waiting for another year was not an option! :surprised:

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
The aluminum roof is available for US cars built from June on.
The pano roof is mainly for the rear seat passengers. I'm waiting for my June build with the aluminum roof as when I drove a Turbo with pano roof on a very sunny day I didn't like the feel of the sun on me. The view from the pano roof for the driver is virtually non existent as its mostly behind you. I have a new BMW M5 with a carbon fibre roof (solid) and it suits me well.
So, personal choice...
I have ordered mine and if the glass roof is too annoying in the heat I will check if there are options. Anyone?

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
Hello Christian,

if the glass roof is too annoying in the heat I will check if there are options. Anyone?
The idea has been ridiculed before, but how about simply putting a silver foil "Speestreifen" onto the roof then?

Cheers,
Henrik

Skier

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I have ordered mine and if the glass roof is too annoying in the heat I will check if there are options. Anyone?
I looked into having a blackout film applied to the interior surface. Its doable and cost around USD $500. I still chose to go with the aluminum roof because I also prefer the esthetic of the notched solid roof

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I looked into having a blackout film applied to the interior surface. Its doable and cost around USD $500. I still chose to go with the aluminum roof because I also prefer the esthetic of the notched solid roof
Yes, I was thinking down that road. Thank you.

Skier

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
So now that the aluminum roof has been put off till next year in the states I opted to get the Pano roof and if I find it annoying there's always the option of film on the inside to block the rays. Maybe it will be fine as is but I won't know till I get the car, hopefully in the fall...

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I ordered a sun shield for the panoramic roof. I'll see how that works. The panoramic roof gives a little more head room and is a mandatory option in the states right now.

thenaimis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I like the sense of openness that you get with the glass roof, even though the driver can't really see through it typically. Can't speak to temperature control in the Taycan but the sun has never felt overbearing in my Tesla. The inside of the car is going to get warm if you let it sit, no matter how many windows you have, if you're concerned about that.

You also get a tiny bit more room above your head with the glass roof than you would with a regular roof.

FWIW, I would probably still spec the glass roof even if it weren't the only available option.

Skier

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I ordered a sun shield for the panoramic roof. I'll see how that works. The panoramic roof gives a little more head room and is a mandatory option in the states right now.
What type of sunshield and from whom?
Sponsored