AyTifosi

First Name
Marlon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S, 2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I looked and couldn't locate any photos on the forum of all the VLC shades, so I thought I would post them. Apologies if this has already been done.

Here are photos of the PCM control as well as inside/outside photos of the Panoramic Roof with Variable Light Control in all shades.

Porsche Taycan Panoramic roof with Variable Light Control (VLC) Pictures console button

Porsche Taycan Panoramic roof with Variable Light Control (VLC) Pictures PCM control

Porsche Taycan Panoramic roof with Variable Light Control (VLC) Pictures inside clear

Porsche Taycan Panoramic roof with Variable Light Control (VLC) Pictures inside matte

Porsche Taycan Panoramic roof with Variable Light Control (VLC) Pictures inside semi

Porsche Taycan Panoramic roof with Variable Light Control (VLC) Pictures inside bold

Porsche Taycan Panoramic roof with Variable Light Control (VLC) Pictures outside clear

Porsche Taycan Panoramic roof with Variable Light Control (VLC) Pictures outside matte

Porsche Taycan Panoramic roof with Variable Light Control (VLC) Pictures outside semi

Porsche Taycan Panoramic roof with Variable Light Control (VLC) Pictures outside  bold

StuM

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991.2 911 Turbo S, Evora GT
Country flag
Not sure if I like it not, especially for the money. Recently drove a new ‘22 GTS that has it added. It’s an option my SA said he WOULD NOT get, and he’s already a Taycan owner.

OP
OP
AyTifosi

AyTifosi

First Name
Marlon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S, 2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Not sure if I like it not, especially for the money. Recently drove a new ‘22 GTS that has it added. It’s an option my SA said he WOULD NOT get, and he’s already a Taycan owner.
I think it is cool, however I'm not sure it was worth it. In the Pacific NW, we don't get the searing sun much. If I were in the South/Southwest and especially if I had kids using the back, I think it would be worth it.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Wtf are semi and bold? Why would you ever want your roof to look like that?

Are you not able to simply dial the tint up and down?

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
No, there isn't a slider. Four options.
Doesn't the slider on the roof picture let you partially matte the roof (e.g. only the rear part)? I don't have one, nor did I spec it, but I seem to recall a demo/advertisement showing individual segments filling from back to front.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I think it is cool, however I'm not sure it was worth it. In the Pacific NW, we don't get the searing sun much. If I were in the South/Southwest and especially if I had kids using the back, I think it would be worth it.
I don't believe it reduced heat any more than the standard panoramic roof - bothe are heat insulated.

You need insulated glass all round to help manage interior heat build up.

IMHO a poor return for the money and sure to be problematic.

Jasper4S

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
it looks pretty nice, would have loved to spec it, but my SA suggested not to, to avoid possible delays. Together with the passenger display this option really showcases how cool the tech of Porsche is IMO.

One thing is missing though. The roof should be adjustable on the 4zone climate display in de back. This roof is mainly for the passengers as you as driver will not see it 99% of the time. But a software update could fix that.

Do you guys think that the pattern / shades will get an update in the future? Or are these patterns hardware limited?

Jasper4S

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
But what was his reason?

/s you fell for the oldest SA trick there is I believe. This product (taycan) is so good, I have one myself 😝. Here in the Netherlands (western Europe) there is no way that SA would drive Porsches they sell.

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
Personally I don't like how it looks on the outside. Also too expensive for me.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
it looks pretty nice, would have loved to spec it, but my SA suggested not to, to avoid possible delays. Together with the passenger display this option really showcases how cool the tech of Porsche is IMO.

One thing is missing though. The roof should be adjustable on the 4zone climate display in de back. This roof is mainly for the passengers as you as driver will not see it 99% of the time. But a software update could fix that.

Do you guys think that the pattern / shades will get an update in the future? Or are these patterns hardware limited?
Maybach had this roof tech since 2013 so hardly ground breaking to be honest.

I think there are other patterns / shadings and what you see are the presets. I think you can swip up / down to control the overall opaqueness.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I was curious about it, but could never see it in person, Porsche marketing materials were way too insufficient and vague, I was told ordering it might delay car production, and then I saw the price which was the final nail in the VLC coffin. For $500 I would have bought it and worst case scenario never use it, but $3,290 (US price) it's nowhere near worth it to me.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Maybach had this roof tech since 2013 so hardly ground breaking to be honest.
We used the Honda turbo F1 engine from 1984 to 1987.
I spent a lot of time at Honda getting the heat rejection and water and oil flow rates I needed to properly design the cooling system (they had never measured flow rates or heat rejection and the original engine was a nasty surprise when we did)
They had a window between a meeting room and the dyno with this technology so they could decide whether people in the meeting room could see into the dyno or not.

I was bowled over by it, in fact it was one of the most impressive bits of technology there at the beginning!
Sponsored