outie

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, McLaren 720S Spider, Taycan GTS
Country flag
I am not sure if anyone noticed or mentioned already, but this option is now available for $4,760 in the US configurator. I am probably going to add it to my order, which is getting locked next month.

Porsche Taycan Panoramic Roof with Variable Light Control 9FCC4573-9974-4B51-91AC-34E0D54003E8
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
There is already a thread on this topic perhaps you missed it? Prices in US and Europe for GTS saloon also covered but not UK yet however it will just be a simple exchange rate conversion.

Availability on the GTS ST is not yet known but likely much later in the year.

Tino82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
There is already a thread on this topic perhaps you missed it? Prices in US and Europe for GTS saloon also covered but not UK yet however it will just be a simple exchange rate conversion.

Availability on the GTS ST is not yet known but likely much later in the year.
Do you know the likely uk price of this option?

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
Likely to be £3k-£4K as a broad estimate, based on costs in other countries.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Closer to £4K is my guess (depending on exchange rate). Either way it is an outrageously expensive option and price hike over and above the standard panoramic roof (£1,137) for a piece of electronic wizardry (and we know how well that goes on the Taycan!) that we won't be able to experience before committing to our builds if we want a car this year.

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
In the other thread, I suggested it would cost around £4k, but I have since come up with a more likely figure by comparing the cost of the pano roof between German and UK configurators.

Pano roof: €1606.50 = £1137

Assuming Porsche uses the same conversion rate;

VLC Pano roof: €5045.60 = £3570

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
In the other thread, I suggested it would cost around £4k, but I have since come up with a more likely figure by comparing the cost of the pano roof between German and UK configurators.

Pano roof: €1606.50 = £1137

Assuming Porsche uses the same conversion rate;

VLC Pano roof: €5045.60 = £3570
The price on the German configurator is €5K - not sure what the VAT equivalent is so this will account for a variance. As it stands just now that makes it £4K+ (incl 20% VAT).

Porsche Taycan Panoramic Roof with Variable Light Control 1642157446567

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The price on the German configurator is €5K - not sure what the VAT equivalent is so this will account for a variance. As it stands just now that makes it £4K+ (incl 20% VAT).

1642157446567.png
Given that the other options are not priced in GBP v EUR at the prevailing FX spot rate, I'm not necessarily sure why we would expect the Panoramic roof to be so?

Porsche will charge what they think they can get away with, which could be quite different!

I would be surprised if it is >£4,000 or <£3,000.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hope for £3k, plan for £4k :D
It should be the same price (small premium perhaps) as the one it replaces if they ditched the standard roof - no need for 2. Porsche already make super profits and now time to give something back to us beta testing Taycan owners!

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It should be the same price (small premium perhaps) as the one it replaces if they ditched the standard roof - no need for 2. Porsche already make super profits and now time to give something back to us beta testing Taycan owners!
That would be nice, but extremely unrealistic, particularly given the prices quoted in other markets.
Plus it's not unreasonable to offer 2 sunroof choices, given the plethora of other choices on the car!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
That would be nice, but extremely unrealistic, particularly given the prices quoted in other markets.
Plus it's not unreasonable to offer 2 sunroof choices, given the plethora of other choices on the car!
Well - 2 fixed pano roofs neither of which open. On other Porsches opening Panos cost around the same as the standard and come with an electric blind (my Pano ST had 2 independent sliding blinds for example).

First it was the rear cycle carrier (£1,600) and now Porsche are taking the proverbial p!sh with the pricing on this one IMHO!

Bigben

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover L405 4.4L SDV8, VW T-ROC R, Yamaha FZ8
Country flag
If £3k it’s outrageous. I was expecting it to be a 50% mark up on pan roof so c.£500 extra… can’t see why it’d be so much more unless the tech is very expensive (it’s been there for 15 years with Maybach and the SL had the magic sky long ago too….)
Sponsored