Techwizard100

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hello, anyone going to Parade want to meet up?

I’m going, but missed out on the group drives. Thinking about organizing a Taycan drive or maybe just a meet up. What think?
Sponsored

fgwinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 FBM CT4 (sold), MY23 EQS 450 4Matic SUV
Country flag
Can you elaborate on what you have in mind? Are you planning to start from your home State and pick up more forum members along the way?

Doc986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4, 981S
Country flag
What are your plans for charging during Parade Week? The closest Electrify America locations are quite a distance away, leaving only Level 2 charging available, at best.

Hello, anyone going to Parade want to meet up?

I’m going, but missed out on the group drives. Thinking about organizing a Taycan drive or maybe just a meet up. What think?

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
What are your plans for charging during Parade Week? The closest Electrify America locations are quite a distance away, leaving only Level 2 charging available, at best.
your observation is spot on, any sort of group ride like this for our cars has to be planned with charging in mind.
and not only charging but the number of chargers, if you have 12 cars participating and the chargers only have 4 chargers that means a long time is needed for the entire group to charge.

PCA has their Pcar meetups and parades but they ignore the needs of the taycan owners.

OP
OP
Techwizard100

Techwizard100

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hello.

Charging

1. I do see an EA supercharger 20 miles away in Stroudsberg, PA. It's only 4 chargers, but 2 are 350kw. So we would have to at-will stage our charges before we meet for the drive. The drive could also start at this location to let people top off.

2. There are 6 Tesla Level 2 chargers at the Kalahari Resort. I keep a TeslaTap in all my EV cars. It works fantastic on these L2 chargers. http://www.umc-j1772.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=17

3. There are also 2 J-1772 stations for folks without an adapter. So that's 8 total you could possibly use to charge up overnight at the resort.

4. If you are staying at another hotel, I bet they have Tesla L2 chargers you can use with the adapter.

As for Drive Ideas. Perhaps we meet at Stroudsberg and do a 50-60 mile that terminates at Delaware Gap National Park - https://www.nationalparks.org/connect/explore-parks/delaware-water-gap-national-recreation-area Delaware Gap is only 8 miles from Stroudsberg.

I am coming from Florida. Catching the AutoTrain in Sanford, FL to Lorton, VA. Staying at Kalahari. I am VP Everglades Region. Would love to work with someone to pull something together if there is enough interest.

I am also inquiring to see if Porsche NA could bring their supercharger semi-trailer to Poconos. That would be awesome!

Porsche Taycan Parade 2022 meetup anyone? EA

Last edited:

dickp

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dickpitini.com
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
I have signed up for a couple of the group drives at the parade. However, I would be interested in seeing if we could put together something else in addition to that.

dickp

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dickpitini.com
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
Hello.

Charging

1. I do see an EA supercharger 20 miles away in Stroudsberg, PA. It's only 4 chargers, but 2 are 350kw. So we would have to at-will stage our charges before we meet for the drive. The drive could also start at this location to let people top off.

2. There are 6 Tesla Level 2 chargers at the Kalahari Resort. I keep a TeslaTap in all my EV cars. It works fantastic on these L2 chargers. http://www.umc-j1772.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=17

3. There are also 2 J-1772 stations for folks without an adapter. So that's 8 total you could possibly use to charge up overnight at the resort.

4. If you are staying at another hotel, I bet they have Tesla L2 chargers you can use with the adapter.

As for Drive Ideas. Perhaps we meet at Stroudsberg and do a 50-60 mile that terminates at Delaware Gap National Park - https://www.nationalparks.org/connect/explore-parks/delaware-water-gap-national-recreation-area Delaware Gap is only 8 miles from Stroudsberg.

I am coming from Florida. Catching the AutoTrain in Sanford, FL to Lorton, VA. Staying at Kalahari. I am VP Everglades Region. Would love to work with someone to pull something together if there is enough interest.

I am also inquiring to see if Porsche NA could bring their supercharger semi-trailer to Poconos. That would be awesome!

EA.jpg
I just found out that EV charging at Kalahari Resort will cost around $50. Must use Valet parking $30 fee + $20 charger fee. Looks like going back & forth to Stroudsburg will be what I will be doing. I plan to arrive fully charged so may not have to charge more than once more to do the 2 touring drives I have signed up for.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
I just found out that EV charging at Kalahari Resort will cost around $50. Must use Valet parking $30 fee + $20 charger fee. Looks like going back & forth to Stroudsburg will be what I will be doing. I plan to arrive fully charged so may not have to charge more than once more to do the 2 touring drives I have signed up for.
a $20 charger fee? really? that's obscene.
there are many lower level hotels that have free charging.

dickp

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dickpitini.com
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
Just got good news, that charging during the Parade for members will be free at the Kalahari Resort.

Sponsored