First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 330e
Country flag
Hi All,

Attended a PEC session yesterday and thought I'd pass on a little fact that I was not aware of, you'll all probably shout already knew that! as having checked it is in the manual under "activating the emergency braking function".

Anyway, holding in the Park button for around 4 secs while travelling above 12mph will automatically apply the brakes and bring the car to a stop. The idea behind this I was told was that should the driver pass out at the wheel the passenger can apply this.

Tried this on the track and it certainly works - tightens the seat belts and stops the car pretty quickly! Not something to be done though unless in emergency or well away from anyone else.
Sponsored

dwaltchack

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Raptor, ordered TCT Turbo
Country flag
Hi All,

Attended a PEC session yesterday and thought I'd pass on a little fact that I was not aware of, you'll all probably shout already knew that! as having checked it is in the manual under "activating the emergency braking function".

Anyway, holding in the Park button for around 4 secs while travelling above 12mph will automatically apply the brakes and bring the car to a stop. The idea behind this I was told was that should the driver pass out at the wheel the passenger can apply this.

Tried this on the track and it certainly works - tightens the seat belts and stops the car pretty quickly! Not something to be done though unless in emergency or well away from anyone else.
great info, thx.

ejcintr

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s, F150
Country flag
Hi All,

Well this is great info.. but the likelihood of the passenger knowing this capability is probably slim to none..... :(

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Well this is great info.. but the likelihood of the passenger knowing this capability is probably slim to none..... :(
Probably time to have a safety briefing in the car every time we set off, just like in the aeroplanes! Fasten and unfasten seat belts etc etc.

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
4 seconds would seem like an eternity in that situation. I am surprised you have to press it for so long