Triton

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS on order, Ferrari F12, Maserati GranSpo
Country flag
With posts like this it seems like you have a bright future on this forum. Keep these insightful nuggets coming!! Your post is so ridiculous that it is hard to believe that you are not just an anti-EV troll.

Seriously, you should probably take 30 seconds and do a basic web search on the number of spontaneous EV fires that erupt during charging before posting stupid $hit like this.

Basement garage? Detached garage? claims of frequent EV fires due to charging? Your whole post just reeks of bull$hit.
Thanks, you’re the reason I love Porsches and usually hate their owners
Sponsored

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
You do understand that is total fires right? Obviously anything with a fuel source is more likely to catch fire in a crash or during use due to a fuel leak. I’m only speaking of charging and static storage.
And you do understand that those are fires per 100,000 vehicles, and you do understand that the difference is massive, ie not even close, right? Even if all of the EV were static storage, and they’re clearly not, they would still be less than gas cars. At rest or in motion, you’re much more likely to have a fire in a gas powered car.

Pro tip, don’t get your EV news from OAN…

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan CT4s + 2023 Rivian R1T
Country flag
Thanks, you’re the reason I love Porsches and usually hate their owners
Hate all you want.

If you don't post stupid $hit, then you will not be called out on it.

I am on my 3rd Taycan in three years and have only burned down 4 houses on my block while charging. I would have never known it was my car if it was not for your super insightful first post on this board.

outie

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, McLaren 720S Spider, Taycan GTS
Country flag
You have few options
- Get a new wife
- Build a new fire-proof garage with automatic water sprinkler for it so the fire is contained if it ever happens.
- Build a new bigger garage for your collections and let the wife use the existing detached garage.
- Build a new house away from the basement and let your wife use the existing basement garage. Make sure your wife stays in this old house on top of the basement every once in a while because your worries will inevitably happen so you can do option 1

If there’s something money can solve, it’s not really a problem.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
What do you do about your laptop, phone or tablet when charing. Have any battery powered power tools? What do you do.

You should talk to my mother-in-law, her Camry caught fire in her garage, so much for the less volatile fuel as you say. Ever own a power boat? I'm seen several catch fire which the owners didn't follow the guidelines for fueling. How about those F-cars that go up in flames left and right?

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
If this worries you, how do you handle the massively increased risks associated with being in the (or any) car when it's actually moving?
That was one of my thoughts also. I’d love to see some data on probability of injury/death while driving any car vs parking an EV.

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
My question is where are all of you owners charging and storing your cars?
I've had an EV since 2015. I have always parked and charged in my garage. I have zero concerns about the car catching fire.

I remember a few years ago there was a Lithium Ion fire in a laptop on a plane. So the FAA told passengers to remove batteries from laptops and store them in fireproof pouches. That lasted about a year and then passengers (and flight staff) stopped doing this because the original fire was a one time event (though theoretically Li laptop batteries can catch fire).

Sure, in an abundance of caution you can park and/or charge an EV in an open area. But its not necessary. If there is a real problem, you will know about this pretty soon just by periodically reading this forum.

f10tt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan, 2022 Cayenne, 2021 Bronco
Country flag
Hello, this is my first post. My wife has a Taycan GTS scheduled to be delivered in the next 8 weeks. My question is where are all of you owners charging and storing your cars? I keep debating putting it in my detached garage or storing and charging outside in a carport.

I won’t put it in my basement garage for concerns over a fire and have the same worries for my detached garage as there is are collector cars stored there along with my shop. I love the car but let’s face it all electric cars are a potential fire hazard when charging.
Are you sure this car is for you?

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
Yeah, no lithium ion batteries in the plane except the 400 cell phone, tablet and laptop batteries that are already on the plane.

That rule makes as much sense as this post.

Browning

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RangeRover D350 MHEV New Disco 300D MHEW Taycan4S
Country flag
Just install fire alarm system then at least you can sleep

Wakesurfer

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2023 YukonXL, 2024 Macan S
Country flag
With posts like this it seems like you have a bright future on this forum. Keep these insightful nuggets coming!! Your post is so ridiculous that it is hard to believe that you are not just an anti-EV troll.

Seriously, you should probably take 30 seconds and do a basic web search on the number of spontaneous EV fires that erupt during charging before posting stupid $hit like this.

Basement garage? Detached garage? claims of frequent EV fires due to charging? Your whole post just reeks of bull$hit.
I dunno..................as I sit here reading this thread I feel like one leg is getting significantly longer than the other. Is this guy pulling my leg???????😏

Cv009900

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
While your at it you might as well get your oven stove fireplace and gas lines completely removed from your house as well.
Sponsored