Parking Assistance Options

Mr. Mercedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
W223 S450, X3M40i
Country flag
Why does Porsche make it so difficult to figure out what exactly you are getting! Could you guys give me a hand deciphering these two parking assistance options?

Does anyone know if videos of these two systems are available online?

STANDARD: ParkAssist (front and rear) with Surround View
- What does this give you?
- A reverse camera?
- Birds eye view?
- Front view?
- Does it show proximity to the kerb?
- Does it show parking guidelines?

OPTIONAL (As part of the Active Parking Support Package) 3D Surround view
- Other than being able to spin around the vehicle, what other enhancements would this package have?

The other aspects of the optional Active Parking Support Package are not of any real interest to me, so I'm trying to determine is it worth the extra AUD$2000?
- Active Parking Support
The system automatically detects parking space. Once the system has signaled that the parking space is a sufficient size, the driver can initiate and control the parking process. The system automatically takes over the steering and the forward and backward movement of the vehicle. The Active Parking Assistance is able to park the vehicle in parallel and perpendicular parking spaces.

- Exit Warning
The Exit Warning warns of other vehicles approaching from behind when the door is opened. The system uses the LED lighting in the door release leavers in the vehicle interior as a warning.

- Rear Cross Traffic Alert
The Rear Cross Traffic Alert uses the rear radar and, where system limitations allow, warns the driver when reversing slowly when the parking aid is activated. The system warns, for example, of critically approaching vehicles when leaving a perpendicular parking space. The information is provided in stages – visually on the PCM touchscreen display, audibly and, if necessary, with a jolt of the brakes.

- Maneuvering Assist
The Maneuvering Assist can, where system limitations allow, prevent collisions through braking in tight and complex maneuvering situations when reversing.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
It's pretty straight forward.

It starts withe parking sensors front and rear to which can be added a reversing camera which can be upgraded to panoramic 360 (4 cameras - front, rear and door mirrors) which can be upgraded to 3D with Parking Assistant.

Standard fit is country specific.

In your case you start one down from the top and provides everything you have listed and arguably you don't need to add the 3D option unless you want automated parking and the other features.

For most the 360 / Panoramic is sufficient and there is a hack which lets you see the 3D rendering of the car and surroundings but can be fiddly to use. If you want this then take the 3D option.

Videos are available.

Download the Porsche Good To Know App for Taycan and all will be revealed.

Lansford

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
W1GNE -- so if I am backing out of a parking spot, and a car is approaching from the left, the only way I can get the warning is if I get the Remote Parking Support option? A bit frustrating if so. Thanks

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
W1GNE -- so if I am backing out of a parking spot, and a car is approaching from the left, the only way I can get the warning is if I get the Remote Parking Support option? A bit frustrating if so. Thanks
I believe so but you should always reverse park - safest way to do it.

Remote parking comes with all sorts of bells and whistles so worth reviewing to fully understand what you would get with this option

Lansford

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I believe so but you should always reverse park - safest way to do it.

Remote parking comes with all sorts of bells and whistles so worth reviewing to fully understand what you would get with this option
Thanks Sir. Appreciate the patience. One option leads to the next....to the next. LOL. First world problems, I know.

Thanks!
Sponsored