"Parking Brake Not Available" error

ChalkTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
Our 2022 is less than a month old and we just had an incident. The car decided not to move after I waited behind a van at the traffic light. When I put the car in "D" again and stepped on the gas, the car jerked and then just halted. I then saw this yellow warning light pop up.
Porsche Taycan "Parking Brake Not Available" error 20220110_084947

The car got back to normal after I rebooted the car.
After I drove the car back home, the red warning message "Parking brake not available, Vehicle could roll away" showed up as soon as I pressed "P." When I turned off the power, the message was still there. It went away after I switched the power back on and off.
Porsche Taycan "Parking Brake Not Available" error 20220122_135558

Porsche Taycan "Parking Brake Not Available" error 20220122_135633

So, has anyone experienced this? Taycan is a good car and all, but it is getting very annoying and worrisome. We were on the left lane at a very busy intersection, and it took me almost a minute to get the car to move again. Thanks.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Why would you not always keep the car in D (doesn't explain the errors you had) - just press on the brake pedal to engage hold?

OP
OP

ChalkTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
Why would you not always keep the car in D (doesn't explain the errors you had) - just press on the brake pedal to engage hold?
The car was in "D" but it did not move when I stepped on the accelerator. I then put the car back in P and then D again. The car jerked and then halted when I stepped on the pedal.

Away4good

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
The yellow light appears on my MY22 when PID sensors get dirty and needs cleaning.