First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Hello all.

I recently purchased the Taycan and I'm thrilled with it... except for a few issues that I'm trying to work out. Hope someone knows the answer.

When I back the car up into a parking space, the car seems to jerk and stutter... preventing me from parking. When I turn the parking assist off
(because I think this is what is causing the stutter) the back-up camera also turns off.

It usually happens in the driveway... where I have a slight incline.

All I want to do is park the car, with the camera on... without technological assistance, and without jerking.

Thanks for your help.

V.
Sponsored

mikeva

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Base
Country flag
2021 Taycan Base and no problems backing it into my garage, I'm going up a very slight incline so I don't know if our situations are similar at all...

Td78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hello all.

I recently purchased the Taycan and I'm thrilled with it... except for a few issues that I'm trying to work out. Hope someone knows the answer.

When I back the car up into a parking space, the car seems to jerk and stutter... preventing me from parking. When I turn the parking assist off
(because I think this is what is causing the stutter) the back-up camera also turns off.

All I want to do is park the car, with the camera on... without technological assistance, and without jerking.

Thanks for your help.

V.
I’m curious if anyone has a solution to this as well. I back mine into the garage now up an incline and am having difficulty controlling the speed in a smooth fashion too.
One thing I decided to do was put rubber tire stops on the garage floor so The jerking motion doesn’t blast me into the wall into the back of the garage.

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
Obviously a different car, but I have had something similar in my Macan. I think it is to do with the hold function (which the Taycan also has). It is a problem if you almost stop - so try reversing a little faster... just don't hit anything!

legataycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 981 Boxster
Country flag
Hello all.

Thanks for your help.

V.
This seems to have been introduced with one of the latest updates. Reversing was always smooth as expected for me before but now I have this same difficult to control jerking motion.

ampitup

First Name
Charley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Is it possible to disable the hold function?

OP
OP

ValJones

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Obviously a different car, but I have had something similar in my Macan. I think it is to do with the hold function (which the Taycan also has). It is a problem if you almost stop - so try reversing a little faster... just don't hit anything!
This seems to have been introduced with one of the latest updates. Reversing was always smooth as expected for me before but now I have this same difficult to control jerking motion.
Thanks, seems like an issue that's growing? Glad its not just me!

OP
OP

ValJones

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I did a little experimenting today on the backup stuttering... Yes, its probably because of the HOLD feature. If I back up slowly, and not ride the brake so much, the movement of the car is smooth! Its gonna take some practice, but at least I know what the problem is now.

Dlurker20

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Acura MDX, Mini Cooper
Country flag
I’ve had no issues at all and just got the latest software patch. I’d check the auto-hold setting, that seems like a decent idea for cause

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Same for me and no incline at all. I have an appointment next week and told Porsche about it. Let’s wait and see.

OP
OP

ValJones

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Sounds good keesha. Please let us know what Porsche has to say. Maybe they can also tell us how to disable the HOLD feature (if that's what's causing it).

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
When I drop it off, I will mention the hold feature. I just reported the bad little "jumps" the car makes when trying to reverse slowly. Curious if they already know about it or even blame it straight on the hold feature. Will definitely update this thread as soon as I get it back. ✌
Sponsored