Part number question: Cross Turismo -> Sport Turismo

Bry5on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'70 electric Jaguar, ‘21 Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
Hey folks,

I recently picked up a Cross Turismo and I’m curious to learn if it would be difficult to use sedan suspension parts to get the ride height and geometry of the sedan but in the CT body.

So far I’ve measured the lowering links and they are different between the two cars, which accounts for the height increase of the car. This leads me to a hypothesis that normal/lowered/low software in both cars is the same. If software is the same, a simple hardware swap might bring the CT to sedan spec. Again, a hypothesis, please humor me here.

So, I’ve discovered the sedan front strut part numbers and the CT front (via my car), but I can’t find rear info for the sedan, and it’s hard to see where labels are on my car.

The question: if anyone has part catalog access, can you pull up a few part numbers for me please?
- rear shocks, L&R, sedan & CT
- rear air springs, L&R, sedan & CT
- lowering links, front & rear, L&R, sedan

For what it’s worth..
Front R shock PN, CT: 9J0.616.038.A
Front L shock PN, CT: 9J0.616.037.A
Front L shock PN, sedan: 9J1.616.037.C

Link length:
Sedan links: 88F / 95R (mm)
CT links: 82F / 102R (mm)

Thanks in advance!
Bryson
Sponsored

Last edited:

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Hey folks,

I recently picked up a Cross Turismo and I’m curious to learn if it would be difficult to use sedan suspension parts to get the ride height and geometry of the sedan but in the CT body.

So far I’ve measured the lowering links and they are different between the two cars, which accounts for the height increase of the car. This leads me to a hypothesis that normal/lowered/low software in both cars is the same. If software is the same, a simple hardware swap might bring the CT to sedan spec. Again, a hypothesis, please humor me here.

So, I’ve discovered the sedan front strut part numbers and the CT front (via my car), but I can’t find rear info for the sedan, and it’s hard to see where labels are on my car.

The question: if anyone has part catalog access, can you pull up a few part numbers for me please?
- rear shocks, L&R, sedan & CT
- rear air springs, L&R, sedan & CT
- lowering links, front & rear, L&R, sedan

For what it’s worth..
Front R shock PN, CT: 9J0.616.038.A
Front L shock PN, CT: 9J0.616.037.A
Front L shock PN, sedan: 9J1.616.037.C

Link length:
Sedan links: 88F / 95R (mm)
CT links: 82F / 102R (mm)

Thanks in advance!
Bryson
OK - have not as yet attempted to think this through myself :), so apologies if a daft suggestion, but first reaction would be, would putting a set of plastic OEM Sedan links in the CT be effectively the same as adding say the FVD links at a similar OEM fixed length i.e. why would you need to change any other core suspension parts? If that worked might be nice OEM solution!

OP
OP
Bry5on

Bry5on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You’ll get the ride height using sedan links instead of aftermarket, yep!

The problem is that you’ll be running into the bump stops constantly. I’m running into mine all the time around the Bay Area roads. Having more suspension travel when in the low modes by using sedan parts would solve this :)

sedan links would put you 5-10mm lower than this:

Porsche Taycan Part number question: Cross Turismo -> Sport Turismo 0E07E6C1-CBAC-49AF-9884-41488A6BC7D4

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You’ll get the ride height using sedan links instead of aftermarket, yep!

The problem is that you’ll be running into the bump stops constantly. I’m running into mine all the time around the Bay Area roads. Having more suspension travel when in the low modes by using sedan parts would solve this :)

sedan links would put you 5-10mm lower than this:
So you already have your car lowered on 3rd party links? This is the first time I'm hearing of bump stop issues in any setting with or w/o 3rd party links.

@lpher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT4
Country flag
Hmmm..interesting thought :)

But...from what i can tell....the sedan and the CT seems to use the same links...

Left front: 9J1 616 213 (sedan and CT)
Right front: 9J1 616 214 (sedan and CT)
Left rear: 9J1 616 571 A (sedan and CT)
Right rear: 9J1 616 572 A (Sedan and CT)

Also...here are the partnumbers for the struts:
Sedan front left: 9J0 616 037 A
Sedan front right: 9J0 616 038 A
Sedan rear left/right: 9J1 513 035 C
CT front left: 9J1 616 037 C
CT front right: 9J0 616 038 C
CT rear left/right: 9J1 513 035

And the differences seems to be with the shocks, struts and accompanying parts?

Last edited:

OP
OP
Bry5on

Bry5on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So you already have your car lowered on 3rd party links? This is the first time I'm hearing of bump stop issues in any setting with or w/o 3rd party links.
Correct, I’ve got mine lowered and it very distinctly crashes onto the bump stops with abrupt road transitions. I have more experience with suspension design than most folks, for what it’s worth, and it’s quite a clear feeling. Doesn’t feel good at all

Hmmm..interesting thought :)

But...from what i can tell....the sedan and the CT seems to use the same links...

Left front: 9J1 616 213 (sedan and CT)
Right front: 9J1 616 214 (sedan and CT)
Left rear: 9J1 616 571 A (sedan and CT)
Right rear: 9J1 616 572 A (Sedan and CT)
Interesting! I measured mine myself, and Dee measured his sedan parts, and the change in length between CT and sedan correlates with the expected ride height change.

Based on a YouTube video, the sedan and CT molds appear different as well. Perhaps the parts catalog can’t be relied on :(

Porsche Taycan Part number question: Cross Turismo -> Sport Turismo 35C88A5E-F0DB-4E9A-B71D-0091D3AA7957

Porsche Taycan Part number question: Cross Turismo -> Sport Turismo 866D2D85-931E-4551-AF02-F6123B4FC301

@lpher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT4
Country flag
Based on a YouTube video, the sedan and CT molds appear different as well. Perhaps the parts catalog can’t be relied on :(
Indeed... The info in the part catalogue looks correct though...but we can't rule it out off course...

The sedan and the CT parts are clearly marked Pr.code K8S for sedan and pr. code K8X for CT, in the partscatalogue i'm using.

@lpher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT4
Country flag
Hang on...when controlreading the partnumbers...yet again... I noticed that i had misread something! And the links are in fact different! :D

My sincerest appologies to those of you who started loosing faith ;)

The correct partnumbers for the links are as follows:
Left front: 9J1 616 213 (sedan)
Right front: 9J1 616 214 (sedan)
Left rear: 9J1 616 571 A (sedan)
Right rear: 9J1 616 572 A (Sedan)

Left front: 9J0 616 213 (CT)
Right front: 9J0 616 214 (CT)
Left rear: 9J0 616 571 A (CT)
Right rear: 9J0 616 572 A (CT)

Last edited:

OP
OP
Bry5on

Bry5on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hang on...when controlreading the partnumbers...yet again... I noticed that i had misread something! And the links are in fact different! :D

My sincerest appologies to those of you who started loosing faith ;)

The correct partnumbers for the links are as follows:
Left front: 9J1 616 213 (sedan)
Right front: 9J1 616 214 (sedan)
Left rear: 9J1 616 571 A (sedan)
Right rear: 9J1 616 572 A (Sedan)

Left front: 9J0 616 213 (CT)
Right front: 9J0 616 214 (CT)
Left rear: 9J0 616 571 A (CT)
Right rear: 9J0 616 572 A (CT)
Thank you! I don’t suppose you also have access to the shock, strut, and air spring part numbers? Hope I’m not pushing my luck :)

edit: see you posted above. Thank you!

Last edited:

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
@Bry5on you got me worried here as I'm taking a CT delivery in about a month and have plans for lowering links. Also first time hearing of bottom out issues. I feel skeptical that Porsche would modify the suspension travel. Even having different part numbers for the struts, I speculate it could also be because of variations in damping, and not necessarily geometric differences.

One thought, is there a chance that your car was delivered without the shipping blocks/spacers removed? It is unfortunately not an uncommon occurrence, however I have no idea how those spacers work on air suspension.

OP
OP
Bry5on

Bry5on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@Bry5on you got me worried here as I'm taking a CT delivery in about a month and have plans for lowering links. Also first time hearing of bottom out issues. I feel skeptical that Porsche would modify the suspension travel. Even having different part numbers for the struts, I speculate it could also be because of variations in damping, and not necessarily geometric differences.

One thought, is there a chance that your car was delivered without the shipping blocks/spacers removed? It is unfortunately not an uncommon occurrence, however I have no idea how those spacers work on air suspension.
No chance it was delivered with shipping blocks, I’ve had all four wheels off and poked around. Small bumps and highway travel are no problem, it’s mostly driving around crappy Bay Area roads where it nails the bump stops. It happens most notably in range mode (low height and light damping) on particularly egregious bumps. Try the setting on an unmodified car and an abrupt bump - you’ll likely feel the bump stops.

I’ll bet that the rear shocks are longer housings and the front shocks have a longer welded lower bracket to account for the difference, so that the internals may have been able to remain the same. Just my guess

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No chance it was delivered with shipping blocks, I’ve had all four wheels off and poked around. Small bumps and highway travel are no problem, it’s mostly driving around crappy Bay Area roads where it nails the bump stops. It happens most notably in range mode (low height and light damping) on particularly egregious bumps. Try the setting on an unmodified car and an abrupt bump - you’ll likely feel the bump stops.

I’ll bet that the rear shocks are longer housings and the front shocks have a longer welded lower bracket to account for the difference, so that the internals may have been able to remain the same. Just my guess
Bry5on - did you by chance max out the lowering positions on your links? I’m still struggling with this being the only report l’ve seen anywhere for bump stop issues - just curious if you backed off on your link settings some does it reduce or cure the issue. I’ve chatted with 5 other Taycan owners of links and none seem to be having this problem but, again, perhaps being more conservative with their drops?

OP
OP
Bry5on

Bry5on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Bry5on - did you by chance max out the lowering positions on your links? I’m still struggling with this being the only report l’ve seen anywhere for bump stop issues - just curious if you backed off on your link settings some does it reduce or cure the issue. I’ve chatted with 5 other Taycan owners of links and none seem to be having this problem but, again, perhaps being more conservative with their drops?
~10mm drop. Perhaps others aren’t familiar with the feeling of hitting bump stops or maybe their roads aren’t garbage? Switching from low -> lowered -> normal makes a very marked difference when hitting things like 2” hard transitions from pavement to concrete. Maybe folks are used to or okay with the feeling of hitting bump stops?

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
~10mm drop. Perhaps others aren’t familiar with the feeling of hitting bump stops or maybe their roads aren’t garbage? Switching from low -> lowered -> normal makes a very marked difference when hitting things like 2” hard transitions from pavement to concrete. Maybe folks are used to or okay with the feeling of hitting bump stops?
Pretty hard to not notice a bump stop hit :)

I was just going through a process of elimination, trying to get as like to like a comparison as I could and wanted to be sure your settings were not in any way unusual which indeed they are not - odd!

Visceral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991 Turbo S. Spyder and CT4S on the way
Country flag
Any progress on this? Any further understanding of the differences?
Sponsored