PASM (Porsche Active Suspension Management) on Taycan (base model)

cb02z0

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan (base)
Country flag
Does anyone know if PASM can be added to the Taycan base model after purchase? If so, should this be done by the Porsche service center?
Sponsored

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
At least in the US, PASM is standard for the base Taycan. air suspension with PASM is an upgrade.

If you are looking for the air suspension, anything is doable if you spend the money. Maybe a lot cheaper to order a new car and trade in the old car. used car values are high right now.

OP
OP
cb02z0

cb02z0

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan (base)
Country flag
At least in the US, PASM is standard for the base Taycan. air suspension with PASM is an upgrade.

If you are looking for the air suspension, anything is doable if you spend the money. Maybe a lot cheaper to order a new car and trade in the old car. used car values are high right now.
Yes, the air suspension is what I am after. I'm not sure of the costs as I am new to Porsche but I had a feeling it wouldn't be cheap. I guess my next question would be is it worth it?

rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
Yes, the air suspension is what I am after. I'm not sure of the costs as I am new to Porsche but I had a feeling it wouldn't be cheap. I guess my next question would be is it worth it?
There's a podcast I listen to occasionally where 1 of the guys is actually a porsche salesman and has a base RWD taycan as his personal car. He was talking about how he can't tell a difference in ride quality between air and non-air. The main advantage is added clearance when you need it, and frankly, being able to lower it so that it looks cool when parked.

OP
OP
cb02z0

cb02z0

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan (base)
Country flag
There's a podcast I listen to occasionally where 1 of the guys is actually a porsche salesman and has a base RWD taycan as his personal car. He was talking about how he can't tell a difference in ride quality between air and non-air. The main advantage is added clearance when you need it, and frankly, being able to lower it so that it looks cool when parked.
What is the name of the podcast?

Ambroos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (RWD)
Country flag
With current car prices you're going to be off way cheaper if you just order a new RWD car with the options you want rather than retrofitting something as fundamental as air suspension, which will cost a ton in labour in addition to parts. And you'd have to get Porsche far enough to actually code the new parts. You'd also need a new "virtual cockpit" to get the raise suspension button.

DANgerous

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Does anyone know if PASM can be added to the Taycan base model after purchase? If so, should this be done by the Porsche service center?
Hi, for what it's worth I did a test drive with the PASM/air suspension but ended up not adding it as an option so I could use the money elsewhere. Honestly I can not tell the difference between my car with the springs vs. that test drive.

If you didn't get it in the first place, I doubt you'll ever realise it's missing. I imagine it will be very costly for little discernible benefit. As some suggest, you could sell the car you have ordered and get another one and perhaps be better off... but to me that sounds like a lot of hassle for again very little discernible benefit.

Of course others will have a different opinion which is cool. For me, the car looks and drives amazingly with the steel springs. I don't worry about scraping the floor, speed bumps or kerbs. But mostly, I never think that others will look at my car and say "oh he didn't get the PASM with air suspension" :).

Taycan2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Vogue SE & Mercedes S-Class
Country flag
I added the air suspension as my test drive was with it and the ride was unbelievable. How much difference it makes I have no idea, hence I didn’t want to take the risk, but air suspension is usually a big upgrade so I’d be surprised if it didn’t make much difference.

Lord Cartilage

First Name
Seun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Hi, for what it's worth I did a test drive with the PASM/air suspension but ended up not adding it as an option so I could use the money elsewhere. Honestly I can not tell the difference between my car with the springs vs. that test drive.

If you didn't get it in the first place, I doubt you'll ever realise it's missing. I imagine it will be very costly for little discernible benefit. As some suggest, you could sell the car you have ordered and get another one and perhaps be better off... but to me that sounds like a lot of hassle for again very little discernible benefit.

Of course others will have a different opinion which is cool. For me, the car looks and drives amazingly with the steel springs. I don't worry about scraping the floor, speed bumps or kerbs. But mostly, I never think that others will look at my car and say "oh he didn't get the PASM with air suspension" :).
Good day, with the recent increase in prices, I am trying to take off some options off my RWD order ( in the U.K.) in order to stay within budget. The salesman handling my order has said to remove PASM with Air Suspension. Are you actually driving your car and happy with the choice you made. What does the car come with as standard ?

DANgerous

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Good day, with the recent increase in prices, I am trying to take off some options off my RWD order ( in the U.K.) in order to stay within budget. The salesman handling my order has said to remove PASM with Air Suspension. Are you actually driving your car and happy with the choice you made. What does the car come with as standard ?
Hi, after ~7 months of ownership I have zero regrets. Drives like a beauty on the springs in my opinion. I think the standard for the base model Taycan is the springs, at least it is for the Hong Kong market - so best check on your configurator.

Lord Cartilage

First Name
Seun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Hi, after ~7 months of ownership I have zero regrets. Drives like a beauty on the springs in my opinion. I think the standard for the base model Taycan is the springs, at least it is for the Hong Kong market - so best check on your configurator.
Many thanks for your reply.

jasperp

First Name
jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla,porsche
Country flag
It has been said before by several people on this forum: The ride quality is exactly the same with and without the air suspension. And the default height if the steel suspension is high enough for normal roads and speed bumps. There is also no significant difference in range.

So the main use case of the air suspension is to lower the car for aesthetic reasons. If you like the look of a lower car.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
It has been said before by several people on this forum: The ride quality is exactly the same with and without the air suspension.
Yeah, that’s 100 percent not true. I’ve driven both cars and, while the base suspension is fine, PASM air handles bumps and imperfections better. Porsche does great fixed suspensions across all of their model range, but PASM offers a better ride. You do know that the difference is more than just raising and lowering the car, right?
Sponsored