daned

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan Mercedes AMG GTS Edition 1
Country flag
My freeze sate ends later tonight and in my option build have both the night assist and passenger display, I know its a personal preference but anyone with either have a negative or positive to any one of these items to justify keeping them or dropping them. Thanks!
Sponsored

jkjjpc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 BMW X5 40i, 2020 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
I have the passenger display and so far have found it to be mainly a geewhiz gimmick with little practical value. Maybe useful in a longer trip if your co-pilot wants to select music and navigation. But, for us after three months in our 4S it is one I would eliminate.

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I can't say either option is essential, but over the last ten months I've gotten good value out of them.

Night vision: besides pointing out people and animals I wouldn't otherwise see, it identified a failing hub on a trailer being towed ahead of my Taycan on the highway. The truck driver had no idea because the hub was brand new (apparently unlubricated), and was thankful for the warning before the hub failed. Another Taycan owner had his car emergency brake at high speed for wildlife when he didn't even have the night vision displayed on the screen -- it works in the background. Speaking of safety/security benefits, see this post:
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...owner-review-after-a-few-days.1960/post-26324

Passenger display: great for navigation when you and your passengers aren't sure exactly where you want to go. I set off on a weekend drive with friends, and along the way the front passenger figured out destinations and charging stops without distracting the driver.

andrewh3

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have PD and have never used it. I think if you planned long trips with a co-pilot might be useful? My wife would not use however it as she says it made her car sick!
Night vision I do not have. I think if you drive at night on country roads might be helpful. I have not seen a car with this added and I have no experience with its use/value.

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
Night vision also works well in the city. On a rainy night I had a guy dart across the street and the car automatically pulled up the night vision view highlighting the pedestrian. I was impressed.

Gambler

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN 4
Country flag
I had neither one but I would assume night vision could be useful. Passenger display is useless in my opinion

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
my wife made best comment about passenger display

it’s way better than a gloss black piece of plastic or carbon fiber - i.e. what else would be there if you don’t spec the PD

and it’s not like porsche wouldn’t charge you $1750 to put something interesting there instead

and the PD is sometimes useful - I like porsche nav on PD and carplay on main screen during long trips

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
i find i’m missing the PD in my ‘21 cayenne - not an option but missing it

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
PD: it so cool to have a full cockpit illuminated, not many cars have this.
I just love it, especially when I figured out how to activate it while I'm driving by myself.
Like said by others, they can follow the route and/or find new destinations.
Most of the time I have radio with nice colorful album covers...
Night Assist: very cool and it's really a good safety feature.
It works absolutely brilliant!
Saved me from a collision twice already.
Well worth it!
Sponsored