Passenger Display issues

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayman GTS
Country flag

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? While in P, the passenger display works fine. As soon as I engage D or R, it switches to Standby and the checkbox can't be unticked. Have I missed something in Settings...?

Tapping the display screen does no good BTW.

It's a great car, but these s/w bugs are driving me nuts!

arijaycomet

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Believe you need someone to be seated in the Passenger Seat for it to work. There is a bladder/sensor in that seat. If you are driving, and it does not sense a Passenger/2nd occupant, it may not engage/allow the screen to be used. Try that out maybe?

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Believe you need someone to be seated in the Passenger Seat for it to work. There is a bladder/sensor in that seat. If you are driving, and it does not sense a Passenger/2nd occupant, it may not engage/allow the screen to be used. Try that out maybe?
Correct.
Probably some sensor in the dash too (only weight doesn't switch it on).
It's just stupid that Porsche made that decision for us, for safety reasons I guess...

It's my car, my money, my responsibility, why can't I use the display when I'm alone in the car?

The most annoying feature in my car, by far.

<rant/off>

Yes, I'm ok. :)

Austrian4S

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Sport (2011), Range Rover (2016)
Country flag
Mine won’t even change from the Taycan logo anymore. No benefit at all does not matter who sits there ?

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
OP
OP
ukphonebook.com
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayman GTS
Country flag
Correct.
It's just stupid that Porsche made that decision for us, for safety reasons I guess...

It's my car, my money, my responsibility, why can't I use the display when I'm alone in the car?

<rant/off>

That's what I thought, but it must have been added in a s/w update as it worked fine when I first received the car. The other confusing thing is that it sometimes comes on and seems to work fine for a while...

I don't quite understand why this would be an unannounced 'safety' feature. Using the passenger display to show what media is playing hardly seems more dangerous than having to look at the centre display to view the SatNav.

Arno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S & Tesla Model-S 100D
Country flag
Mine won’t even change from the Taycan logo anymore. No benefit at all does not matter who sits there ?
Try this: Unhook "Switch on display" and "Standby mode", which will turn off the passenger screen and "Taycan" logo. Don't turn the screen back on before after two hibernations, but still keep the "Standby mode" unhooked until you get screen working normally (read: as it suppose to). Mine froze and would not wake up, even after turn off and on the vehicle, so then I tried this attempt instead, which did the trick.

Prior to the freezing, I had been I had been pushing to many buttons and too fast, as @Neptune mentioned in this string and therefore obviously must pay for in Porsche down time (like in open imprisonment). Anyhow, I have now payed my dues dudes . . . and only push when strictly necessary :rock:

Tazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Turbo GT, Aventador SVJ, 812 Superfast
Country flag
Correct.

<rant/off>

If you push down hard enough, it will turn on and stay on for around 20 seconds

Satin_Volcano

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s, 2016 Gt3RS
Country flag
Its 100% due to not having a passenger in the passenger seat. I would assume Porsche added that as a safety measure so the driver didn't reach over while driving.

OP
OP
ukphonebook.com
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayman GTS
Country flag
Porsche CS in the UK confirmed this is a 'safety feature'. I wish this had been explained in the literature/manual/sales pitch prior to forking out £750!

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot

Bill33525

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘24 Q8 ETron 55 SUV, '22 Taycan RWD
Country flag

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? While in P, the passenger display works fine. As soon as I engage D or R, it switches to Standby and the checkbox can't be unticked. Have I missed something in Settings...?

Tapping the display screen does no good BTW.

It's a great car, but these s/w bugs are driving me nuts!
I am experiencing this exact issue even with a pasenger in the seat, on my '22 [October '21 build] RWD. If leaving the car for a while the display returns okay. Standby mode is not checked. Stopping the car and starting it without gettng out of the car does not rturn the passenger display to active mode.

Last edited: