Passenger screen activated or disabled when driving?

DennisB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Can anyone tell me if the passenger screen is really disabled when driving? At first I thought it would only work if someone is sitting in the passenger seat. Yesterday when I was in the car (showroom, not driving) the screen worked without a passenger.

I asked the sales representative, but he could not answer my question, because he also assumed that someone should be in the seat. Maybe the screen works when standing still and shuts off at certain speeds?
Sponsored

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
It works when stationary. When the car is moving and there is no passenger the screen only displays "Taycan" script. The screen works when there is a passenger.

OP
OP

DennisB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
It works when stationary. When the car is moving and there is no passenger the screen only displays "Taycan" script. The screen works when there is a passenger.

OK thanks.

So when you're driving 95% of the time alone in the car, the screen is useless. I don't think someone would have use for it when the car is stationary.

K2Kraze

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S; Macan GTS; 718 Boxster
Country flag
My wife and I added the Passenger Display option to our 4S build and thought of it as a “must have” line item since a lot of the time spent piloting that beauty around the 40,000+ miles of hidden Farm-to-Market and Ranch-to-Market roads here in Texas will be with us splitting pax seat time playing with the Range Manager and figuring how to master this new era Porsche

Brassfactory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
OK thanks.

So when you're driving 95% of the time alone in the car, the screen is useless. I don't think someone would have use for it when the car is stationary.
It’s useless 100% of the time when you are alone in the car, unless you want to sit in the passenger seat and play with it.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
It’s useless 100% of the time when you are alone in the car, unless you want to sit in the passenger seat and play with it.
Yeah, I ordered it, and it's basically a nice toy for the passenger to play with. Agree it's totally useless for the driver. My wife will love it though, and that is definitely worth the price...

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
But I draw the line at $500 for matching paint on my key fob. It just seems wrong.

(no judgment of anyone who chose that option. )
I got the passenger screen and everything else techie. I also drew the line at the key fob and leather owner’s manual cover. That cover was ridiculously expensive.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
But I draw the line at $500 for matching paint on my key fob. It just seems wrong.

(no judgment of anyone who chose that option. )
Agree with you on this. But everyone needs at least the leather key and pouch for $690. I just can't imagine driving the car without it. And of course the leather manual cover for $560 is a no-brainer. :facepalm:

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well, I am passing on that since I am hoping for a diamond-encrusted platinum cover and matching key fob.
I bet Porsche Techquipment can come up with that for you. In fact, I guarantee they can. Probably have a few orders already...

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
Ah well. It's not the end of the world if the passenger screen is disabled. Also the graphic is really cool
Sponsored