gcarreira

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
Any ideas why passenger side mirror goes up instead of down when car is in reverse? All other cars I had it goes down to see the curb when parking. Thank you for your help.
Sponsored

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
Any ideas why passenger side mirror goes up instead of down when car is in reverse? All other cars I had it goes down to see the curb when parking. Thank you for your help.
It goes to whatever you set it to when in reverse mode. If you switch into reverse and then adjust it, it should tilt to that new position the next time you go into reverse.

OP
OP

gcarreira

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
It goes to whatever you set it to when in reverse mode. If you switch into reverse and then adjust it, it should tilt to that new position the next time you go into reverse.
Thank you so much I really appreciate it.

D’Roc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Sheesh! Thank you! I’d assumed the mirror going up was a mis-wire so I disabled the tilt in the PCM. Now I’m going to go throw it in reverse and adjust them properly.

LonePalmBJ

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S Gentian Blue Metallic, Black/Chalk,
Country flag
Sheesh! Thank you! I’d assumed the mirror going up was a mis-wire so I disabled the tilt in the PCM. Now I’m going to go throw it in reverse and adjust them properly.
FWIW, this is actually pretty common; for whatever reason a lot of cars - mine included - defaulted the Reverse tilt to "look at the clouds". First time it happened to me I thought something was amiss too. Once you set it though it works perfectly.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
I think its because we expect the software to be wonky - that we’re actually surprised when its acting as its designed!

Doesn’t help that many of us didn’t get a printed manual to consult with our cars.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I think its because we expect the software to be wonky - that we’re actually surprised when its acting as its designed!

Doesn’t help that many of us didn’t get a printed manual to consult with our cars.
The much loved 'fault or feature' guessing game.
😁
Sponsored